Members Present: Brenda Conry, James Jetter, Adam McLaughlin, Joshua Sabin, Jim Sayre, Glenn Siders, Councilor Coleen Chipman, Councilor Brian Wayson
Members Absent: Del Long
1 Call to Order. Staff opened the meeting at about 6:35.
2 Introductions. Staff and members introduced themselves and gave a brief background for the benefit of the others. Dean (staff) is a 1 year resident and has been with the city for about 3 years. He worked closely with the Cedar Rapids Bus Department in his previous job, preparing surveys, planning documents, route analyses, grant applications, and other materials.
Brian is a 20+ year resident and Council member.
Colleen is a 29 year resident and Council member.
Jim is a 5 year resident and fixed‐route rider.
Glenn is a 41 year resident and interested in transportation for seniors.
Brenda is a 14 year resident and fixed‐route rider.
Josh is a 5 year resident and interested in transportation issues.
Adam is a 1 year resident and interested in transit issues.
Ryan Heiar is the City Administrator and interested in getting the most and best service possible
with city funding.
3. Overview of Committee Responsibility. Staff reviewed the committee’s assignment from Council.
4. Presentation and Consensus of Draft Scope Outline. Rather than define a specific scope at this time, the committee requested that staff provide information for analysis, including:
• Background on decision to start fixed route service. Did leaders know the impact on SEATS service or vanpool users?
• What is the AM‐PM ridership split?
• The service contract with Coralville.
• Costs for vanpool vehicle, a SEATS bus, and a city bus.
• SEATS service characteristics – days, times, etc., and how it was different before we started the fixed route service.
• Cost for UofI vanpooling.
5. Set Future Meeting Dates, Times and Locations. It was decided informally by unanimous consent to meet at 6:30 on the second Monday of each month.
6. The meeting adjourned at about 8:15.
Next Meeting: Election of Chair and Vice‐Chair Review of Data Collection