North Liberty Tree & Storm Water Advisory Board
Minutes of October 5, 2011 meeting
Meeting called to order: 7:00
Present: Virginia Combs, Nick Gefaller, Guy Goldsmith, Kevin Coates
Absent: Thomas Stoeffler, Benjamin Voss
1. Review and approve minutes: July meeting minutes reviewed and approved.
2. Open to public for comments and concerns. No comments or concerns brought forward.
3. Trees Please Grant – Application is due October 21. Department is interested in using the money to place more trees at Quail Ridge North since this is probably the last year before funds will be used in new park.
4. Tree Board Ordinance: New ordinance was reviewed and discussed. There is some confusion over the most current version of the ordinance. Language will be updated to indicate the board meets quarterly or as needed rather than monthly. At our next meeting we will review another updated version of the ordinance.
5. Storm Water Issues: Discussion and update on Penn Meadows Park Parking lot and Rain Garden project. It is practically done, though there will need to be some re-seeding throughout and some plantings in the roundabout. Pavement will not be cleared of snow in the winter in order to avoid damage. A rainscaping bus tour came through on September 29th and this was some good attention for the project and for the community
6. Cornerstone park will receive some native seed plantings once all the other vegetation is gone, probably around the end of October.
7. No other issues or old business was brought up.
Next meeting: January 4, 2012 7:00 pm at New City Council Chambers.
Meeting adjourned: 7:13