North Liberty Tree & Storm Water Advisory Board
Minutes of Wednesday October 9, 2013
Meeting called to order: 7:00
Present: Guy Goldsmith, Thomas Stoefller Sean Pearl, Gary McDowell, Malinda Allen
Absent: Darice Baxter
- Review and approve minutes: Minutes approved
- Open to public for comments and concerns: No comments or concerns brought forward
- Introduce new members: Malinda Allen (Malinda not in attendance August 7th) Citizen board member. Master gardener and longtime member of the Arbor day foundation
- Board Appointments: Chair Person: Thomas Stoeffler Vice Chair Person: Sean Pearl
New Appointment: Secretary: Gary McDowell (approved by council)
- Tree Planting Centennial Park update (Alliant Energy: Branching Out Grant $10,000): Guy Goldsmith: Trees mostly planted, 10 more to plant
- City Tree Inventory: Brian Hammer (not present) and Mark Vitosh (Iowa State Forester)(not present). Guy Goldsmith: City of North Liberty received a grant to do a tree inventory. 5 days spent inventorying city ROW and park trees via GPS. Budgeting tool to use for the future. City considering purchasing own equipment. Report not ready until winter.
- Emerald Ash Bore: Council discussed concerns with local transport of ash wood in the event of EAB outbreak. Ongoing issue.
- Storm Water Issues: Bill Minor (not present) Guy Goldsmith: Removal of all erosion control at Centennial Park. Grant money will be available for storm water control going into 2014.
- Gary McDowell will continue to explore the possibility of bringing in a speaker to discuss EAB in depth.
Next meeting: January 8th 7:00pm at City Council Chambers, (#1 Qual Creek Circle)
Meeting adjourned: 7:42pm