North Liberty Parks & Recreation Committee Meeting
Thursday, June 26, 2014
Board Members Present: Shelby Behrens Jami Maxson, Kerry Fitzpatrick, Jef Farland, Scott Stahmer
Others Present: Shelly Simpson, Guy Goldsmith, Tim Hamer, and Brian Motley
Meeting called to order: 7:00 pm
1. Approve minutes: Minutes from May 1 approved.
2. Building and Grounds Report: Well at Community Gardens went bad and needed to be replaced. Dept. has treated majority of ash trees in town (those fiscally feasible to save). Free Fish Weekend event June 7 had approximately 300 people participate. Blues & BBQ preparations continue. Splash pad needs to have water, sewer and electricity installed, which will be done in the fall, the pad itself will be installed next spring. Final design of the concession stand is closer; construction may be started in the fall.
3. Board openings: Applications were approved for Jami Maxson and new member Scott Stahmer.
4. Outdoor Pool Opening: Summary of opening weekends presented; attendance dependent on weather. Numbers improved from the low last year.
5. Upcoming Events: Back yard Campout – cancelled due to limited enrollment
Blues & BBQ July 12
6. New Issues: Railing in front of Rec Center will be revamped; no timeline yet. Parks Dept. still plans to add elements at Quail Ridge; need for benches near playground brought up.
1. Recreation Monthly Report: Facility usage numbers and revenue reports reviewed.
2. Other Issues/Concerns: Seventy-two new lounge chairs for outdoor pool just added.
1. Next Meeting Thursday August 7, 2014 at 7:00PM
Location: City Council Chambers at 1 Quail Creek Circle
(No quorum for July 3 meeting)
2. Adjourned at 7:25 pm
Minutes submitted by Jami Maxson