North Liberty Parks & Recreation Committee Meeting
Thursday, September 1, 2016
Board Members Present: Jeff Kellbach, Jami Maxson, Scott Stahmer, Matthew Eckhardt, Bonnie Pitz
Others Present: Guy Goldsmith, Brian Motley and Tim Hamer
Meeting called to order: 7:00 pm
1. Approve minutes: Minutes from August 4 meeting approved.
2. Building and Grounds Report: Much time with mowing, trimming, maintaining ballfields and ponds. Splash Pad seems to be
doing well, may expand area after season over. Another rainout for Beaver Kreek playground installation – new date week of
Sept 12. Erecting shelter at Penn Meadows. Centennial Park undergoing grading. TO install parking lot and walking trail
around perimeter. Concern re seeding being ready for Blues & BBQ this year.
3. Fall Programs: Registration continues, will be busy season with BASP, JH sports practice, leagues, etc
4. Upcoming Events: Doggie Plunge/Swim Sept 8&9 3-8pm
1. Quick Update: Use of green space – no reservations yet, but limited use of fields aat same time.
2. Recreation Monthly Report: Slower in August, will change next week with fall programs.
3. Additional Old Business: Gym floors redone. Draft copies of pool needs reviewed with City Hall. Looking at resurfacing
1. Next Meeting Thursday October 6, 2016 at 7:00PM
Location: City Council Chambers at 1 Quail Creek Circle
2. Adjourned at 7:20 pm