North Liberty’s continued growth means the city has a number of projects planned for 2017 and more areas needing attention. The public is invited to an open house to learn more about plans and priorities, meet engineers and staff, and ask questions about planned and future projects.
The open house will be held on Wednesday, March 29, 2017, from 4:30 to 6 p.m., in the North Liberty Community Library’s meeting rooms. There will be no formal presentation. Rather, the public is invited to come any time during the open house that is convenient.
Projects beginning in 2017 include:
- Widening the final segment of Penn Street from Jones Boulevard to Cameron Way
- Paving, realigning and improving sight lines of the currently gravel portion of North Liberty Road
- The Iowa DOT’s paving of Forvergreen Road and addition of an interchange with Interstate 380
Ongoing projects include:
- Water system improvements, including a new water treatment plan
- Improvements at Centennial, Penn Meadows and other parks
Additionally, needs to be addressed by future projects include:
- Continued improvements to Highway 965/Ranshaw Way
- Improvements to Front Street and E. Penn Street
- Trail system extensions and additions