North Liberty Parks & Recreation Committee Meeting
Thursday, February 2, 2017
Board Members Present: Jeff Kellbach, Scott Stahmer, Matthew Eckhardt and Raquisha Harrington.
Others Present: Guy Goldsmith, Shelly Simpson and Tim Hamer
7:05 pm We did not have enough board members to make quorum. Group decided to proceed as an informational meeting.
Guy presented the Penn Meadows Playground proposals and discussion began.
7:22 pm Raquisha showed; making a quorum and Jeff K decided to proceed with regular business; called meeting to order.
1. Approve minutes: Minutes from January 5 meeting approved.
2. Public Comments: No one present to make public comments.
3. Penn Meadows Tot Playground: Board recommended Option 1 and Shade proposal to Guy Goldsmith.
4. Building and Grounds Report: Guy referenced his monthly report and answered questions.
5. Youth Baseball & Softball: Shelly pointed out the parent run organizations are taking registrations, deadline March 2/3.
6. Whirlpool Letter: Shelly shared patron letter on behalf of the Arthritis Water Fitness class requesting a whirlpool/spa.
Shelly has Ashley researching options.
7. Upcoming Events: Shelly mentioned upcoming events; Beat the Bitter, Boy Scout Chili Supper, and next Swim Lessons.
8. Other issues: None mentioned.
1. Aquatic Master Plan: Plan was provided to board. Waiting to hear from City Administration re: joint meeting.
2. Recreation Monthly Report: Shelly referenced her monthly report and answered questions.
3. Other issues: None Mentioned.
1. Next Meeting Thursday March 2, 2016 at 7:00PM
Location: City Council Chambers at 1 Quail Creek Circle
2. Meeting Adjourned at 8:00 pm
Minutes submitted by Shelly Simpson