North Liberty Parks & Recreation Committee Meeting
Thursday, March 2, 2017
Board Members Present: Jef Farland, Jami Maxson, Scott Stahmer, RaQuishia Harrington, Matthew Eckhardt, Jeff Kellbach
Others Present: Shelly Simpson and Brian Motley
Meeting called to order: 7:57 pm
1. Approve minutes: Minutes from February 5 meeting approved.
2. Public Comments/Concerns: Beau Brown present to comment on Fox Run Park – limited structures, and broken equipment currently, and interested in upgrades. Current plan puts this park at priority 4. It is the only park with activities in the area, asking to advance plans to upgrade. Shelly will speak with Guy, have him respond to questions and concerns.
3. Building and Grounds Report: Guy unable to attend meeting, his report reviewed.
4. Youth Baseball/softball: NLYBS and Babe Ruth are parent run organizations that use the fields. Liberty HS has submitted requests for 9th grade field use for baseball and softabll. Able to work out plan for baseball to use Babe Ruth field and softball to use American Legion field some nights.
5. Upcoming events:
Optimist Pancake breakfast March 4
Next swim session Week of March 20
Spring Shed & Scavenger Hunt March 25
Easter Egg Hunt April 8
6. New Issues: Kites for Kids event is also taking place in North Liberty April 8, from 12-2, to try to advertise in conjunction with Easter Egg Hunt. Member of public has asked to look at increased lap swim availability. Will have them contact Ashley or Shelly with more specifics.
1. Aquatic Feasibility Study: Still waiting to hear about joint meeting with City Council to discuss further.
2. Recreation Monthly Report: Busy with programming, April 3&4 is signup date for summer programs.
1. Next Meeting Thursday April 6, 2016 at 7:00PM
Location: City Council Chambers at 1 Quail Creek Circle
2. Adjourned at 7:25 pm
Minutes submitted by Jami Maxson