North Liberty Parks & Recreation Committee Meeting
Thursday, May 4, 2017
Board Members Present: Jef Farland, Jami Maxson, Raquishia Harrington, Matthew Eckhardt, Jeff Kellbach
Others Present: Guy Goldsmith and Shelly Simpson
Meeting called to order: 7:00 pm
- Approve minutes: Minutes from April 5 meeting approved.
- Board Applications: Terms for Jami Maxson and Scott Stahmer expiring, reapply by May 19
- Building and Grounds Report: Groundwork and landscaping work, maintaining ballfields. Muddy Creek and Bike Trail Cleanup a success – thanks to those that helped. Looking at replacing parks facility lights with LED lighting. Trail lighting project from Zeller to Forevergreen RD – looking at solar lights, have 2 test poles. Centennial Park – most grading complete, trail done, lights in parking lot soon, extension of tree planting until June 2.
- Summer Preparations: Many summer programs beginning. Summer camp preparations, along with outdoor pool and concessions. Field rentals in full swing.
- Upcoming events: Community Gardens: Planting beginning; Next session swim lessons: week of June 5
- Facility Holiday Hours: Sat – Mon May 27-29; Rec Center/Indoor pool: 8am-6pm; Outdoor pool: noon-6pm
- New Issues: Splash pads – to open in coordination with outdoor pool
- Recreation Monthly Report: Activities as usual. approximately 500 children at Easter Egg Hunt. January useage numbers – 982 users/day for membership checkin and daily point of sale. Does not include open gym or programs.
- Next Meeting Thursday, June 1, 2016 at 7:00PM Location: City Council Chambers at 1 Quail Creek Circle
- Adjourned at 7:25 pm