North Liberty Parks & Recreation Committee Meeting
Thursday, June 1, 2017
Board Members Present: Jef Farland, Jami Maxson, Scott Stahmer, Raquishia Harrington, Bonnie Pitz, Jeff Kellbach
Others Present: Guy Goldsmith, Tim Hamer, Brian Motley and Shelly Simpson
Meeting called to order: 7:00 pm
1. Approve minutes: Minutes from May 4 meeting approved.
2. Board Applications: 12 applicants for 2 positions. Mayoral appointments May 22-June 2, made at June 13 city council meeting.
3. Building and Grounds Report: Completed LED lighting project, busy mowing and trimming and with ball field maintenance, all seasonal staff now here, 92 planters at Liberty Centre now done. Centennial Park now has substantial completion of projects, did regrading of area in preparation for Blues&BBQ and seeded June 1. Liberty Centre fountain up and running. Thanks to those who helped at Defenders of Land and Water on May 5. Splash pad open, seems to be working well.
4. Aquatic Plan Presentation: Now set for Tuesday June 13 at 6pm, Dave Swartz from Water’s Edge will present to joint meeting of City Council and Park Board.
5. Summer Programs: Most summer programs start June 5. Activities this summer include Summer Camp and Knight Riders and Summer Lunch Program.
6. Upcoming events:
Next session swim lessions week of June 5
NL Slow roll event Sat June 17
Free Fishing Weekend @ Liberty Centre Sat June 3
7. New Issues: Tennis courts developed serious cracks over the winter. Repairing June 1&2, these are temporary, will have to do more substantial repairs in the future.
1. Recreation Monthly Report: Many activities (such as swim lessons) paused in May, now gearing up for the summer.
1. Next Meeting Thursday, July 6, 2016 at 7:00PM
Location: City Council Chambers at 1 Quail Creek Circle
2. Adjourned at 7:25 pm
Minutes submitted by Jami Maxson