North Liberty Parks & Recreation Committee Meeting
Thursday, July 6, 2017
Board Members Present: Jef Farland, Jami Maxson, Scott Stahmer, Raquishia Harrington, Matthew Eckhardt, Jeff Kellbach
Others Present: Brian Motley
Meeting called to order: 7:00 pm
1. Approve minutes: Minutes from June 1 meeting approved. as well as from June 13 joint session with City Council
2. Board Appointments: Scott Stahmer and Jami Maxson reappointed. Jef Farland reelected as chair, Matthew Eckhardt as Vice Chair and Jami Maxson as secretary.
3. Building and Grounds Report: Repair irrigation line at pool. Tot playground installed at Penn Meadows, work on Centennial Park.
4. Aquatic Plan Work Session: discussion undertaken, proposals set, to be further discussed at next meeting.
5. Upcoming events:
Blues&BBQ July 8
Another episode – Big Bang Theory July 20
Youth Triathlon event July 30
1. Recreation Monthly Report: Big item swimming lessons. Slow ride: 70-80 in attendance in 1st year. Swim Lessons, Rental,and Groups numbers much less than prior – Brian will check to see if true difference or accounting/recording change.
2. Old business – Some bleachers at Penn Meadows in poor repair. Guy aware, Brian will check with him on plans, as well as plans for shelter/shade structure that would control foul balls.
1. Next Meeting Thursday, August 3, 2016 at 7:00PM
Location: City Council Chambers at 1 Quail Creek Circle
2. Adjourned at 7:02 pm
Minutes submitted by Jami Maxson