North Liberty Parks & Recreation Committee Meeting
Thursday, September 7, 2017
Board Members Present: Jef Farland, Jami Maxson, Matthew Eckhardt, Scott Stahmer, Raquishia Harrington, Jeff Kellbach
Others Present: Shelly Simpson, Brian Motley, Tim Hamer
Meeting called to order: 7:00 pm
1. Approve minutes: Minutes from August 3 meeting approved.
2. Aquatics Discussion: Master plan RFP samples received from other locations, will review further. UNI has program whereby students do this work for lesser expense. Rec staff to meet with representative to discuss further. No funds for this in current fiscal year. City Hall would like recreation survey prior to RFP, Shelly will obtain examples. Rec staff is getting numbers on cost of outdoor pool changes to present to Board and then City Hall.
3. Fall Programs: NLC volleyball started, flag football starts soon. Adult sports leagues also starting soon.
5. Building and Grounds Report: Installed new window at City Admin office, replaced GFI outlets at shelters, made improvements at Penn Meadows storage shed, treated Goose Lake algae bloom.
6. Upcoming events:
Doggie Plunge Sept 7&8
Star Party Sept 23
Halloween events In planning process
7. New Issues: a. Issue with Dectron unit leaking refrigerant; looking at options to address, may also need action on heating units.
b. Added concession shelter to list of rentals.
c. NLYBS meeting – about 50 present, filling many board positions.
d. Gym floors refinished recently.
e. Installed new HD cameras at facility, also new doors with key fob access
f. Matrix weight equipment ordered (1994-2007 equipment replaced)
1. Recreation Monthly Report: report reviewed.
2. Old business – Jef’s last meeting as chair September, or possibly October.
1. Next Meeting Thursday, October 5, 2016 at 7:00PM
Location: City Council Chambers at 1 Quail Creek Circle
2. Adjourned at 7:36 pm
Minutes submitted by Jami Maxson