Traffic Contacts: 317
Parking Contacts: 123
Vehicle Inspections: 26
Vehicle Unlocks: 43
Crash Investigations: 24
Public Assists: 305
Assist Other Agency: 127
Crimes Against Persons Report: 13
Crimes Against Property Report: 21
Other Reports: 32
Alcohol/Narcotics Charges: 11
Crimes Against Persons Charges: 11
Crimes Against Property Charges: 3
Other Charges: 24
Animal Calls: 25
Total Calls for Service: 1,840
*Total Calls for Service for the year: 24,022
• Three officers attended the Traffic Incident Management Training locally (12 hours).
• The Chief attended a 2 day class at ILEA on Professional Standards and the Iowa Code on the Police Officer Bill of Rights. (16 hours)
• Staff Completed online training for Bloodborne Pathogens, Haz-Mat, Back Injury Prevention, and Changing Driving Conditions (21 hours).
• Officer attended the monthly Dive Team Training (8 hours)
• Canine team attended monthly 2 day training (16 hours)
• Invited to serve muffins at the Maids and Muffin Event at North Bend Elementary. Two officers served muffins.
• 7 NL Families were selected for the Shop with a Cop program. One child from each family shopped at Target with an officer for their household members. We used $1350 from donated funds and officers volunteered their time for this event. Afterwards we had a pizza party and wrapped all of the gifts. Sponsors included Marco’s Pizza, Target, Kevin Hayes, Mary Ann Sheets, Andy/Jessica Grieder, Midwest Sleep-Beds and several anonymous donations. Staff also purchased and delivered two twin beds and bedding for one NL Family.
• Officer Chuck presented a safety program at North Bend Elementary and a Social Media presentation at the junior high school.
• Had a public donation toy box in the front office for Officer Juan’s Domestic Violence Program Annual Toy drive. Several toys were donated.
• Continue to meet requests for Falco to make an appearance at events and with the media.
• Staff attended the City Holiday Party and officers attended the Breakfast with Santa event at the Community Center.
• Our Canine Team attended the Blue Hearts of Johnson County Breakfast with Santa event.
• Receiving equipment for the two officers joining the tactical team.
• Received a report of an assault with a weapon at 30 Cherry Court. An arrest warrant was requested and obtained. The Johnson County Tactical Team was requested and assisted in the apprehension of the individual. The individual was charged and the weapons were seized.
• Officers wrote 156 parking tickets during the snow emergency on the 29th and had 123 calls for service made for parking issues. Tickets were issued to cars parked on the street that were preventing the Streets Department to affectively clear the roadway.
• Held the physical and written testing of Applicants at the North Liberty Community Center.
• Held interviews of the officer applicants
• Officer Casey Wood was selected as the 2017 Officer of the Year.
• Completed the last two years of accomplishments, trends and opportunities for the goal setting session in January. Once again we have several activities.
• A union grievance was filed over contract language for eligibility for Holiday pay. This will be discussed at a meeting in January with their business manager.
• Department is participating in the Severson Challenge donations for the NL Food Pantry.
• Staff also donated to the Domestic Violence Program Annual Toy Drive.