Yes, We Have Adult Swim Classes, Too
In addition to lap swimming during pool hours and our popular blink-an-eye-and-you-miss-the-openings swimming lessons for kids, our aquatics center offers a myriad options for adults looking for low-impact — and highly effective! — workouts.
Starting in September, the Pacha Aquatics Center will host several classes including:
- Aqua Zumba (Tuesdays, 7:15 – 8 p.m.): A pool-party experience that takes the high-energy Zumba moves and incorporates low-impact aqua fitness. ACE-certified instructor Tara Allen will get your muscles working.
- Early Bird Aqua Aerobics (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:05 – 6:50 a.m.): Early birds can get their bodies moving and heart pumping at the start of their day with instructor Kim Lestina.
- Water Resistance Exercise (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 8 – 8:45 a.m.): A fast-paced class in a liquid gym will burn calories and reduce stress with low or no impact on patron’s joints. Instructor Colette Soults provides an ever-changing workout to challenge her students.
- Easy Does It (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 9 – 9:45 a.m.): A slower pace workout looking to improve students’ range of motion, joint flexibility, posture, balance, core strength and endurance. Instructor Jennifer Babcock’s workout helps improve physical and mental health.
- Noodle Triathlon Workout (Saturdays, 8:15 – 9 a.m.): A great way start to the weekend, this workout adds pool noodle “biking” and “kayaking” to lap swimming. Give it a tri with instructors Janet Holland.
- Aqua Boot Camp (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:45 – 6:30 p.m.): A post-work workout designed to help patrons reach fitness goals. Instructor Janet Holland offers all fitness levels a great workout.
Registration is available by the month in person at the recreation center front desk, by mail or online.Register