Police Reports for January 2020
Traffic Contacts: 407
Parking Contacts: 260
Vehicle Inspections: 34
Vehicle Unlocks: 31
Crash Investigations: 24
Public Assists: 454
Assist other Agency: 130
Crimes Against Persons Report: 7
Crimes Against Property Report: 10
Other Reports: 42
Alcohol/Narcotics Charges: 20
Crimes Against Persons Charges: 3
Crimes Against Property Charges: 3
Other Charges: 17
Animal Calls: 50
Total Calls for Service: 2,187
*Total Calls for Service for the year: 2,187
- Bomb squad, dive team, canine, and SERT training was attended by members this month (40 hours)
- Officers are attending two days of Multi-Agency Training (MATS) for all Johnson County Officers. We covered topics of CIT, Law Update, Rescue Task Force, and testifying in court. This helps with our mandatory training requirements to maintain our peace officer certification. (320 hours)
- Staff attended the diversity training offered by the City. (14 hours)
- Several Staff members attended Secondary Trauma with the Mobile Crisis Unit hosted by the NL Library Staff (5 hours)
- An officer attended free training on tactical medical training (16 hours).
- Hosted a girl scout troop to tour the police and fire department.
- Several requests were made to have officers work political events on overtime. We were able to meet these requests.
- Officers also worked several ball games at Liberty High School.
- Officers stopped out at public Beat the Bitter events to mingle with involved participants.
- Stated the Citizen Police academy this month and it will continue for 9 weeks. We have several participants and one Sgt will be there weekly to represent NLPD.
- We were having trouble getting Ford SUVs from the manufacturer. We switched to a Dodge Durango. We got one as an unmarked police vehicle (has all of the police equipment, but does not say POLICE on the side). The second one is a marked Durango Police Vehicle. These were part of the rotation to replace older vehicles. These patrol cars will be driven by uniform officers.
- 260 snow emergency tickets were issued during the snow and ice events this month.
- During one of the snow and ice events, we only had 4 crashes in North Liberty where our neighboring jurisdictions were 40 times that number.
- We have an unpaid college intern doing a 25-hour ride-along from Coe College.
- Supervisors completed annual 2019 evaluations.
- Records continue to work on our Year-power point presentation for 2019. Once we get the UCR reports back from the FBI we can release the final numbers.
- Furniture was ordered through Iowa Prison Industries for the new Police Station.
- There has been a lot of movement on the new PD construction. They are getting the brick, and siding up on the outside and have begun painting on the inside.
- Working on getting quotes for Cleaning, TV and Smartboards, signage, and weight room equipment for the new police department.