Make It Mondays: Heart Crafts
The North Liberty Recreation Department’s Make It Monday craft for Feb. 1 is a heart craft. Included in this week’s kit are all the materials you need to make the craft (you should provide glue and scissors), coloring sheets and activity ideas.
Each week, Make It Monday offers a free to-go activity for kids. To participate in the program, simply stop by the North Liberty Community Center, 520 W. Cherry Street, and pick up an activity kit while supplies last. Kits are free.
How to Make It
- Construction paper
- Foamy hearts
- Cut out a large heart in their favorite color.
- With another color, cut out 4 strips and fold into an accordion. These will be the legs and arms of your heart.
- Glue or stick on the foamy hearts to the end of each accordion strip. These will be your hearts hands and legs.
- Glue on the arms and legs on the heart.
- Glue on the googly eyes and draw a smiley mouth using a crayon or marker.
- Allow the heart to dry.