Catch an Outdoor Screening of Into the Spider-Verse on the Ranshaw House Lawn
On Friday, July 23, join North Liberty Library for a free outdoor movie showing of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse on the Ranshaw Lawn. Here’s all you need to know:
The five Ws
- Who: You! Free and no reservation needed.
- What: An outdoor movie showing of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. The Coralville Public Library and Solon Public Library are also hosting outdoor showings at the same time. Please attend your local library’s showing.
- Where: Ranshaw House Lawn, 515 W. Penn St., North Liberty
- When: Friday, July 23. Lawn opens at 8 p.m., showtime at 8:45 p.m.
- Why: To safely reconnect as a community at a free, outdoor event and learn about the library’s Summer Reading Program.
More on the movie
- Rated PG, Animated/Action
- 1 hour 57 min runtime
- 97% on Rotten Tomatoes
- Plot: Teen Miles Morales becomes the Spider-Man of his universe, and must join with five spider-powered individuals from other dimensions to stop a threat for all realities.
What to bring
- Lawn chairs and blankets to relax on while enjoying the show.
- Hills Bank will provide complimentary popcorn, but any other food or snacks should be brought from home. Also, a friendly reminder: alcohol is not allowed on city property.
- Your dog, if you’d like. They are welcome as long as they are on a leash and you clean up after them.
How to get there and where to park
- The Ranshaw House is the historic big white house at the corner of Penn Street and Community Drive at 515 W Penn St.
- Please park in the Community Center’s north lot.
- Skip the car and walk, bike or roller blade to the show!
Stay in the loop
- This event is weather dependent. In the event of bad weather the showing will be cancelled. Any cancellations or delays will be posted in the Facebook event.
- Share your photos with us by tagging the City of North Liberty and North Liberty Library on Facebook or Instagram.
- Stay connected with the City by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
COVID event mitigations
While we are looking forward to a fun summer, everyone is easing out of the pandemic at their own pace. Events on the Summer Slate have adopted the City of North Liberty’s “masked until you’re vaxxed” policy for staff and attendees.
In line with public health guidance, those fully vaccinated against COVID-19, meaning two weeks have passed since they have received the second of two doses of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, are no longer expected to wear a mask when attending Summer Slate events. Organizers ask those who have yet to be fully vaccinated to still wear a mask. Safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines are free and currently available to anyone 12 years or older at local pharmacies and hospitals.
As always, attendees should stay home if anyone in the household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for this event for individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to participate, please contact [email protected] or call (319) 626-5726 at least two days prior to the event.
Who to thank
This free event is made possible by Veridian Credit Union, South Slope, Shive-Hattery, Hills Bank, GreenState Credit Union, Eastern Iowa Airport – CID and the City of North Liberty. Special thanks to Filmscene for providing the movie screen.
This Movie on the Lawn is just one of over 35 events and programs on North Liberty’s Summer Slate. A partnership between city departments and supported by Veridian Credit Union, South Slope, Shive-Hattery, Hills Bank, GreenState Credit Union, and Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, the Summer Slate is designed to provide free events that can easily adjust to the changing public health landscape for our community. Explore the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/SummerSlate.
Still have questions?
Contact the library at (319) 626-5701.