July 24 Will Be a Bouncing Good Time
The inflatables your kids love to play on at North Liberty Blues & BBQ are back on Saturday, July 24. Here’s all you need to know:
The five Ws
- Who: Children (generally ages 2 to 12), accompanied by an adult. Please reserve an arrival window to help us with crowd control.
- What: Eight inflatable attractions to enjoy — for free!
- Where: Centennial Park, 1565 St Andrews Dr., North Liberty
- When: Saturday, July 24, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Why: To burn some energy!
Community events are not possible without residents lending a hand. Volunteers are needed to help monitor inflatable lines. Shifts are from 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 11:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and can be signed up for here.
Let us know when you’re coming
To help us with crowd control (neither the event organizers or parents want kids waiting in an outrageous line — especially since kids don’t have the option to receive a COVID vaccine yet), please indicate your estimated 30-min arrival window on Eventbrite. This is just an arrival window, your group is welcome to stay as long as you’d like, although we do ask that you try to limit your visit to one hour to allow all attendees space to play. Please don’t count adults in your estimated number.
What to bring
- Sunscreen, water bottles, snacks, and anything else your party might need while at the event.
- Your dog, if you’d like. They are welcome as long as they are on a leash and you clean up after them.
- Portable toilets, a handwashing station, and a portable diaper changing station will be available on site.
How to get there and where to park
- Centennial Park is located between Kansas Avenue and Jones Boulevard at 1565 St Andrews Dr.
- Please park on the park’s paved lots or along nearby residential streets.
- Skip the car and walk, bike or roller blade to the park!
Stay in the loop
- This event is weather dependent. Any cancellations or delays will be posted in the Facebook event.
- Share your photos with us by tagging the City of North Liberty on Facebook or Instagram.
- Stay connected with the City by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
COVID event mitigations
While we are looking forward to a fun summer, everyone is easing out of the pandemic at their own pace. Events on the Summer Slate have adopted the City of North Liberty’s “masked until you’re vaxxed” policy for staff and attendees.
In line with public health guidance, those fully vaccinated against COVID-19, meaning two weeks have passed since they have received the second of two doses of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, are no longer expected to wear a mask when attending Summer Slate events. Organizers ask those who have yet to be fully vaccinated to still wear a mask. COVID-19 vaccines are free and currently available to anyone 12 years or older at local pharmacies and hospitals.
As always, attendees should stay home if anyone in the household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
To help all attendees feel comfortable, Summer Slate events are scheduled to take place outdoors. In the event of bad weather, events may be canceled, rescheduled or moved inside with limited capacity. Hand washing and hand sanitizer stations will also be present. Protocols will continue to be revisited throughout the summer under the advisement of local public health officials.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for this event for individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to participate, please contact [email protected] or call (319) 626-5726 at least two days prior to the event.
Who to thank
This free event is made possible by Veridian Credit Union, South Slope, Shive-Hattery, Hills Bank, GreenState Credit Union, Eastern Iowa Airport – CID and the City of North Liberty.
This event is just one of over 35 events and programs on North Liberty’s Summer Slate. A partnership between city departments and supported by Veridian Credit Union, South Slope, Shive-Hattery, Hills Bank, GreenState Credit Union, and Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, the Summer Slate is designed to provide free events that can easily adjust to the changing public health landscape for our community. Explore the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/SummerSlate.
Still have questions?
Contact [email protected] or call (319) 626-5726.