Raya and the Last Dragon and Dirty Dancing hit the Drive-In Screen July 16
Free drive-in movies are back on July 16 at the Colony Pumpkin Patch. This time you can catch Disney’s 2021 hit Raya and the Last Dragon and the 80s classic Dirty Dancing. Here’s all you need to know.
The five Ws
- Who: You! Free and no tickets are needed.
- What: Drive-in screenings of Raya and the Last Dragon (PG) and Dirty Dancing (PG-13).
- Where: Colony Pumpkin Patch grass lot, 2780 Front St NE, North Liberty.
- When: Friday, July 16. Schedule below.
- Why: Who doesn’t love a good movie?
5:30 p.m. Lot and concessions open
6:00 p.m. Raya and the Last Dragon
8:00 p.m. Lot opens for second showing. Stay for both shows or arrive at 8 p.m.
8:30 p.m. Dirty Dancing
Parking and sound
- Up to 200 vehicles can fit in the lot per showing. Reservations are not available and cars will be parked in the order they arrive.
- Large vehicles that could block others’ views will be directed to park in the back row.
- Audio will be broadcast over an FM radio transmitter. A small speaker will also be onsite, but please plan ahead to use your car radio or a portable radio.
- Those without a vehicle are still welcome to attend and sit between the screen and front row of cars.
What to bring
- A car (OK, that’s obvious) and whatever you need to comfortably enjoy the films from inside or out of the vehicle.
- Your wallet. The Colony Pumpkin Patch will have a variety of concessions available for purchase. Your own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages are welcome as well.
- The Colony Pumpkin Patch will have concessions available for purchase including lemonade slushees, mini donuts, drinks, snacks and hotdogs. Your own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages are welcome as well.
- Leave the alcohol at home. The Colony Pumpkin Patch and City of North Liberty are not licensed or permitted to have alcohol on site for this event. Please respect this rule so we can continue to host events like this for the community. Staff will ask anyone found in possession of alcohol to dispose of it or leave the event.
More on the films
Raya and the Last Dragon
- Rated PG, animated
- 1 hour 54 min runtime
- 95% on Rotten Tomatoes
- Watch the trailer
- Plot: Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Raya and the Last Dragon travels to the fantasy world of Kumandra, where humans and dragons lived together in harmony long ago. But when an evil force threatened the land, the dragons sacrificed themselves to save humanity. Now, 500 years later, that same evil has returned and it’s up to a lone warrior, Raya, to track down the legendary last dragon to restore the fractured land and its divided people. However, along her journey, she’ll learn that it’ll take more than a dragon to save the world—it’s going to take trust and teamwork as well.
- Rated PG-13, drama/romance
- 1 hour 37 min runtime
- 69% on Rotten Tomatoes
- Watch the trailer
- Plot: An teen, Frances Houseman or ‘Baby’, crushes on a handsome dance instructor Johnny Castle at a 1960s upscale Catskills resort and steps in as his dance partner for performance at a neighboring hotel behind her parents back. The soundtrack yielded the Oscar-winning Best Song “(I’ve Had the) Time of My Life” and stars Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze.
Stay in the loop
- Join Facebook events.
- Share your photos with us by tagging the City of North Liberty on Facebook or Instagram.
- Stay connected with the City by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
COVID Event Mitigations
While we are looking forward to a fun summer, everyone is easing out of the pandemic at their own pace. Events on the Summer Slate have adopted the City of North Liberty’s “masked until you’re vaxxed” policy for staff and attendees.
In line with public health guidance, those fully vaccinated against COVID-19, meaning two weeks have passed since they have received the second of two doses of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, are no longer expected to wear a mask when attending Summer Slate events. Organizers ask those who have yet to be fully vaccinated to still wear a mask. Safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines are free and currently available to anyone 12 years or older at local pharmacies and hospitals.
As always, attendees should stay home if anyone in the household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for this event for individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to participate, please contact [email protected] or call (319) 626-5726 at least two days prior to the event.
Who to thank
This free event is made possible by Colony Pumpkin Patch, Veridian Credit Union, South Slope, Shive-Hattery, Hills Bank, GreenState Credit Union, Eastern Iowa Airport – CID and the City of North Liberty.
This event is just one of 35 events and programs on North Liberty’s Summer Slate. A partnership between city departments and supported by Veridian Credit Union, South Slope, Shive-Hattery, Hills Bank, GreenState Credit Union, and Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, the Summer Slate is designed to provide free events that can easily adjust to the changing public health landscape for our community. Explore the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/SummerSlate.
Still have questions?
Contact city communications at [email protected] or at (319) 626-5726.