Eastern Iowa Circus Brings Free Show to Centennial Park Aug. 14
North Liberty’s Summer Slate is excited to host the Eastern Iowa Circus for a free, outdoor show with fire dancing and breathing, aerial performances, juggling, hoop and acro-balance on Saturday, Aug. 14. Here’s all you need to know:
The five Ws
- Who: You! Free and no tickets needed.
- What: An outdoor hour-long show with fire dancing and breathing, aerial performances, juggling, hoop and acro-balance from the Eastern Iowa Circus!
- Where: Centennial Park, 1565 St Andrews Dr., North Liberty
- When: Saturday, Aug. 14. Circus begins at 6 p.m. with additional programming beginning at 5 p.m. Schedule below.
- Why: To be amazed!
5:00 to 6:00 p.m. – Sponsor booths and playgrounds open.
5:15 to 6:00 p.m. – Roaming performance from the Iowa Brass Band.
5:30 p.m. – Pizza Ranch will hand out 300 slices of free pizza, as slices last. Additional food will not be available for purchase.
6:00 to 7:00 p.m. – Eastern Iowa Circus performance.
More about the show
The Eastern Iowa Circus is a non-profit group of performers interested in building community through creative expression. Their hour-long show will take place on the grass in the center of Centennial Park for 360° spectator viewing. Rope will surround the perimeter of the performance space and aerial rig to keep both the spectators and the performers safe. The show will feature fire dancing and breathing, aerial performances, juggling, hoop and acro-balance.
Since there will not be a stage, spectators should bring lawn chairs and blankets to relax on while enjoying the show. To allow everyone to have a good view, pop-up tents or large sun shades will not be allowed.
Who will be there
- Eastern Iowa Circus with an hour-long show.
- Pizza Ranch with 300 free slices of pizza, as slices last. Additional food will not be available for purchase.
- Iowa Brass Band with a roaming performance from 5:15 to 6 p.m. to energize the crowd before the show.
- South Slope, inviting you to spin their prize wheel for fun giveaways.
What to bring
- Sunscreen, water bottles, snacks, and anything else your party might need while at the event. Food and drink will not be available for purchase.
- Since there will not be a stage, spectators should bring lawn chairs and blankets to relax on while enjoying the show. To allow everyone to have a good view, pop-up tents or large sun shades will not be allowed.
- A picnic to enjoy with family and friends. Besides the free slices handed out by Pizza Ranch, food and drink will not be available for purchase.
- Your dog, if you’d like. They are welcome as long as they are on a leash, you clean up after them, and you are confident they will remain calm around a fire performance.
- Portable toilets and a handwashing station will be available on site.
How to get there and where to park
- Centennial Park is located between Kansas Avenue and Jones Boulevard at 1565 St Andrews Dr.
- Please park on the park’s paved lots or along nearby residential streets.
- Skip the car and walk, bike or roller blade to the park!
Stay in the loop
- This event is weather dependent. Any cancellations or delays will be posted in the Facebook event.
- Share your photos with us by tagging the City of North Liberty on Facebook or Instagram.
- Stay connected with the City by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
COVID event mitigations
While we are looking forward to a fun summer, everyone is easing out of the pandemic at their own pace. Events on the Summer Slate have adopted the City of North Liberty’s “masked until you’re vaxxed” policy for staff and attendees.
In line with public health guidance, those fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are no longer expected to wear a mask when attending Summer Slate events. Organizers ask those who have yet to be fully vaccinated to still wear a mask. COVID-19 vaccines are free and currently available to anyone 12 years or older at local pharmacies and hospitals. As always, attendees should stay home if anyone in the household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for this event for individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to participate, please contact [email protected] or call (319) 626-5726 at least two days prior to the event.
Who to thank
This free event is made possible by Veridian Credit Union, South Slope, Shive-Hattery, Hills Bank, GreenState Credit Union, Eastern Iowa Airport – CID and the City of North Liberty.
This event is just one of over 35 events and programs on North Liberty’s Summer Slate. A partnership between city departments and supported by Veridian Credit Union, South Slope, Shive-Hattery, Hills Bank, GreenState Credit Union, and Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, the Summer Slate is designed to provide free events that can easily adjust to the changing public health landscape for our community. Explore the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/SummerSlate.
Still have questions?
Contact [email protected] or call (319) 626-5726.