Send Off Summer With a Bang Aug. 21
Join us as we say goodbye to summer with a 15-min fireworks show in Penn Meadows Park on Saturday, Aug. 21. Here’s all you need to know:
The five Ws
- Who: You!
- What: A 15-min fireworks show.
- Where: Penn Meadows Park, 170 N Dubuque St, North Liberty.
- When: Saturday, Aug. 21. Fireworks launch at 9:00 p.m., following the Concert in the Park.
- Why: To send off summer with a bang!
5:00 to 8:30 p.m. – Concert in the Park
9:00 p.m. – Fireworks
Fireworks will be launched from the center of Babe Ruth Field. Spectators will not be allowed within the ball field gate but will have a clear view to enjoy the fireworks from anywhere else in the park.
How to get there and where to park
- Penn Meadows Park is located at 170 N Dubuque St, accessible from both Dubuque St or Penn St.
- Please park on the park’s paved lots or along nearby residential streets.
- Skip the car and walk, bike or roller blade to the park!
Stay in the loop
- This event is weather dependent. Any cancellations or delays will be posted in the Facebook event.
- Share your photos with us by tagging the City of North Liberty on Facebook or Instagram.
- Stay connected with the City by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
COVID event mitigations
While we are looking forward to a fun summer, everyone is easing out of the pandemic at their own pace. Events on the Summer Slate have adopted the City of North Liberty’s “masked until you’re vaxxed” policy for staff and attendees.
In line with public health guidance, those fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are no longer expected to wear a mask when attending Summer Slate events. Organizers ask those who have yet to be fully vaccinated to still wear a mask. COVID-19 vaccines are free and currently available to anyone 12 years or older at local pharmacies and hospitals. As always, attendees should stay home if anyone in the household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for this event for individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to participate, please contact [email protected] or call (319) 626-5726 at least two days prior to the event.
Who to thank
This free event is made possible by Veridian Credit Union, South Slope, Shive-Hattery, Hills Bank, GreenState Credit Union, Eastern Iowa Airport – CID and the City of North Liberty. Special thanks also goes to The Englert Theatre for curating the musical lineup.
This event is just one of over 35 events and programs on North Liberty’s Summer Slate. A partnership between city departments and supported by Veridian Credit Union, South Slope, Shive-Hattery, Hills Bank, GreenState Credit Union, and Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, the Summer Slate is designed to provide free events that can easily adjust to the changing public health landscape for our community. Explore the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/SummerSlate.
Still have questions?
Contact [email protected] or call (319) 626-5726.