Make it Mondays: Pipe Cleaner Snake
The North Liberty Recreation Department’s Make It Monday craft for the week of Sept. 27, 2021, is a pipe cleaner snake. Included in this week’s kit are all the materials you need to make the craft (you should provide glue, scissors and markers), coloring sheets and activity ideas.
Each week, Make It Monday offers a free to-go activity for kids. To participate in the program, simply stop by the North Liberty Community Center, 520 W. Cherry Street, and pick up an activity kit while supplies last. Kits are free.
How to Make It
- Pipe cleaner
- Googly eyes
- Bend the end of a pipe cleaner to prevent the beads from slipping off
- Thread beads onto the pipe cleaner (final six beads on each pipe cleaner should be the same color)
- Fold the pipe cleaner back on itself to create a triangular-shape snake head
- Cut the red pipe cleaner into small pieces, then fold the end to create a thick tongue.
- Glue tongue to the bottom of your snake’s head.
- Glue on the eyes