Explore Spring and Search for Antlers on April 9
The five Ws
- Who: You! Free and no reservation needed. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- What: A hunt for whitetail deer antler sheds.
- Where: Creekside Commons Park, 1350 Sadler Drive, North Liberty.
- When: Saturday, April 9, from 1 to 3 p.m. (This event was postponed from an earlier date.
- Why: Get outside, learn about whitetail deer and discover new wooded areas in town.
What to bring
- Warm, weather-appropriate clothing.
- Long pants, since you’ll be walking through brush
- Shoes that can get wet and muddy.
- Your dog, if you’d like. They are welcome as long as they are on a leash and you clean up after them.
Who will be there
- TAKO with lunch, as supplies last.
- To help Take a Kid Outdoors get a headcount, click “going” on the Facebook event if you plan to be there. (You don’t need to register or have a Facebook account to attend.)
- Families can download TAKO’s 2022 waiver and fill it out ahead of time to save time. You can bring the completed form the the event or email to [email protected]
How to get there, where to park and other details
- Creekside Commons Park is located west of Front Street at 1350 Sadler Drive.
- Parking is available along residential side streets.
- Skip the car and walk or bike to the event!
Stay in the loop
- This event is weather dependent. Any cancellations or delays will be posted in the Facebook event.
- Share your photos with us by tagging the City of North Liberty on Facebook or Instagram.
- Stay connected with the city by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
This event will be held outside with plenty of space to spread out. As always, attendees should stay home if anyone in the household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for this event for individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to participate, please contact Micah Ariel James at [email protected] or (319) 626-5755 at least two days prior to the event.
This event is just one of more than 40 free events on North Liberty’s City Slate. A partnership between city departments and supported by Adam Schechinger State Farm, Centro, Incorporated, Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, GEICO Philanthropic Foundation, Hills Bank, MidWestOne Bank, Shive-Hattery, South Slope Cooperative Communications, University of Iowa Health Care and Veridian Credit Union, the City Slate is a collection our community’s largest special events planned by city staff. Every event on the slate is free to attend, and you can explore the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/cityslate.
Still have questions?
Contact [email protected] or call (319) 626-5726.