Meet the Remarkable Rigs and People Who Make the City Go on May 14
Meet the trucks and drivers and others that keep the city going at this showcase of public works vehicles in Centennial Park.
The five Ws
- Who: You! Free and no reservation needed. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- What: A showcase of the trucks and drivers that keep the city going.
- Where: Centennial Park 1565 St. Andrews Drive.
- When: Saturday, May 14, 2022, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Why: Check out some cool truck up close and learn about what happens behind the scenes.
Who will be there
- The folks who care for our parks, streets, sewers and drinking water will roll into Centennial Park with an excavator, giant vacuum truck, crane and pump and more.
- Public safety and first responders with a truck or two, a squad car and an ambulance.
- Librarians and Antelope Lending Library’s bookmobile
- The Hawkeye Football’s big equipment tractor and trailer, courtesy of Heartland Express
- Adam Schechinger State Farm will be there will refreshments
- MidWestOne Bank and South Slope Cooperative will have games and giveaways
- Shive-Hattery’s professional surveyors will display equipment, including their commercial drone
How to get there
- Centennial Park is located between Kansans Avenue and Jones Boulevard at 1565 St. Andrews Drive.
- Parking is available along residential side streets or at the park.
- It’s Bike Month, so skip the car and bike (or walk) to the event!
You also might be wondering
- A portable restroom will be available onsite.
- Dogs are welcome as long as they are on a leash and you clean up after them.
- The use of tobacco, nicotine, vape and other electronic smoking devices are prohibited in North Liberty parks, trails and public recreation areas.
- This event is outside.
Who to thank
This event is part of the City Slate. The yearlong schedule of events is made possible by Adam Schechinger State Farm, Centro, Inc, The Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, GEICO Philanthropic Foundation, Hills Bank, MidWestOne Bank, Shive-Hattery, South Slope Cooperative, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics and Veridian Credit Union.
Stay in the loop
Any cancellations or delays will be posted in the Facebook event.
Share your photos with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Stay connected with the City by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation at our events for individuals with disabilities. For accommodations, please reach out to [email protected] or call (319) 626-5755.
More City Slate Fun
This event is part of the City Slate, a compilation of North Liberty’s largest and free city-produced events, with more than 40 events planned in 2022. Explore the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/cityslate.