Road Closure: Front Street Between Cherry Street and Frog Hollow
Beginning Monday, May 23, 2022, general contractor All American Concrete will close Front Street to through traffic between Cherry Street and Frog Hollow at 410 N. Front Street, as they begin the fourth phase of the project. Through traffic on Dubuque Street will be detoured on Zeller, Front, Cherry and Main streets. This phase is expected to last through through July.
All businesses and residences will remain open and accessible during this and subsequent phases. For Phase 4, access will be:
- Reds Alehouse will be accessible from the west via Dubuque and Main streets.
- J & A Tap will be accessible from the west via Dubuque and Main streets.
- Frog Hollow will be accessible from the north via Front Street.
- Hope Evangelical Church will be accessible from the north via Front Street.
- Sugar Bottom Bikes will be accessible from the east via Dubuque or Cherry Street.
- Heyn’s Ice Cream will be accessible from the east via Dubuque or Cherry Streets.
- Penn Elementary will be accessible from the southeast via Dubuque Street.
Once completed, the reconstruction of Dubuque Street will rebuild and realign the intersections of Dubuque Street with Cherry and Front streets, offer pedestrian features and improvements at Cherry and Dubuque streets and landscaping through the project. The realignment of the two intersections will improve sightlines as well as pedestrian and vehicle flow in the area around Heyn’s Ice Cream, Penn Elementary, Reds Alehouse and Sugar Bottom Bikes, as well as begin the transformation of both the Dubuque Street and Cherry Street corridors in future years.
Drivers are asked to use caution around the work site, allow extra travel time, and find alternative routes when possible. Details and updates on this and other North Liberty construction projects are available at northlibertyiowa.org/projects. Subscribe to updates and other emails at northlibertyiowa.org/subscribe.