Swim with Princesses July 17 at the Outdoor Pool
Register for a free special swimming event with a island and mermaid princesses at the North Liberty’s outdoor pool.
The five Ws
- Who: Children and their caregivers.
- What: A magical experience with your favorite island and sea princesses. Free registration opens June 17 at 6 a.m.
- Where: North Liberty Aquatic Center Outdoor Pool, 520 W Cherry St.
- When: Sunday, July 17 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Why: Free mid-summer fun.
Space is limited to 150 children, so registration is free — but required — for this event through RecDesk (please only register children, not caregivers).
Registration opens one month out from the event on June 17 at 6 a.m. Registration is full, but a waitlist is available.
What to expect
- Meet and greet with island princess Moana and mermaid princess Ariel on the pool deck.
- Attendees are welcome to wear their prince, princess or mermaid costumes — but don’t forget your swimsuit!
- Complimentary snacks and crafts in a party favor bag.
- Free swimming. Parents should plan to be in the water with any swimmers who need assistance.
- Kona Ice will be available for purchase, as well as limited items from the concession stand.
You also might be wondering
- In the event of inclement weather, this event will be moved to the indoor pool.
- Only coastguard-approved floatation devices are allowed.
- Parents must be attendance with any children who have not completed 5th grade.
- Since this event is outside, there are no additional COVID mitigations.
- Also, the use of tobacco, nicotine, vape and other electronic smoking devices are prohibited in North Liberty parks, trails and public recreation areas.
Who to thank
This event is part of the City Slate. The yearlong schedule of events is made possible by Adam Schechinger State Farm, Centro, Inc, The Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, GEICO Philanthropic Foundation, Hills Bank, MidWestOne Bank, Shive-Hattery, South Slope Cooperative, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics and Veridian Credit Union.
Stay in the loop
Registered attendees will be emailed if the event is moved indoors.
Share your photos with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Stay connected with the City by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation at our events for individuals with disabilities. For accommodations, please reach out to [email protected] or call (319) 626-5755.
More City Slate Fun
This event is part of the City Slate, a compilation of North Liberty’s largest and free city-produced events, with more than 40 events planned in 2022. Explore the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/cityslate.