Find Friends and Neighbors at Ranshaw House Concerts in July
Catch up with friends and socialize as a community Friday nights in July on the Ranshaw House lawn. Enjoy live performances from local musicians on the historic house’s front porch, bring a picnic and grab snack from one of the on site treat trucks.
The five Ws
- Who: You! Free and no reservation needed
- What: A free evening of good company with performances by local musicians
- Where: Ranshaw House, 515 Community Drive, North Liberty
- When: Fridays in July, with one-hour performances starting at 7 p.m.
- Why: To catch up with friends and socialize with neighbors
Each Friday, one-hour performances will start at 7 p.m. Following the series’ one-week break in July for North Liberty Blues & BBQ will be performances by:
July 15: Blake Shaw and Dan Padley
July 22: United Action for Youth night
July 29: Marc & Brandi Janssen
What to bring
- Lawn chairs and blankets to relax on while enjoying the performances. To allow everyone to have a view of the porch, we ask attendees to not bring pop-up tents or large sun shades.
- A picnic to enjoy with family and friends. Some treats will be available to purchase, but meals and drink will not.
- BYOB. While alcohol is usually prohibited in public parks, this event has been approved for BYOB of wine or beer (cans only, no glass). Alcohol must only be consumed within designated area of the park. Alcohol will not be for sale.
- Your dog, if you’d like. They are welcome as long as they are on a leash and you clean up after them.
Food and drink
Picnics from home or your favorite restaurant are encouraged.
Treats will be available on site from local treat trucks each week.
While alcohol is usually prohibited in public parks, this event has been approved for BYOB of wine or beer (cans only, no glass). Alcohol must only be consumed within designated area of the park. Alcohol will not be for sale.
How to get there
- The Ranshaw House is located north of the Community Center at 515 Community Drive.
- Please park at the Community Center.
- Skip the car and walk, bike or roller blade to the park!
You also might be wondering
Restrooms are available in the Community Center.
Dogs are welcome as long as they are on a leash and you clean up after them.
The use of tobacco, nicotine, vape and other electronic smoking devices are prohibited in North Liberty parks, trails and public recreation areas.
Since this event is outside, no additional COVID mitigations are planned.
Who to thank
This event is part of the City Slate. The yearlong schedule of events is made possible by Adam Schechinger State Farm, Centro, Inc, The Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, GEICO Philanthropic Foundation, Hills Bank, MidWestOne Bank, Shive-Hattery, South Slope Cooperative, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics and Veridian Credit Union.
Stay in the loop
Any cancellations or delays will be posted in the Facebook events.
Share your photos with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Stay connected with the City by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation at our events for individuals with disabilities.
For accommodations, please reach out to [email protected] or call (319) 626-5755.
More City Slate Fun
This event is part of the City Slate, a compilation of North Liberty’s largest and free city-produced events, with more than 40 events planned in 2022. Explore the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/cityslate.