Voter Information for Nov. 8, 2022, General Election
A general election will be held on Nov. 8, 2022, which will elect candidates for congressional, state, legislative and county offices. A list of nominated candidates is available from the Johnson County Auditor.
Local, state and federal elections throughout Johnson County, including North Liberty, are the responsibility of the Johnson County Auditor’s Office. North Liberty encourages residents to register and vote as a way to participate in their government. The county auditor has detailed information about this election online. The non-partisan League of Women Voters of Johnson County host a number of forums for state legislature candidates, including House District 85 on Oct. 13, at 7 p.m. in the North Liberty City Council Chambers, 1 Quail Creek Circle.
Voting Early & by Mail
Early voting is available. Ballot requests must be received by the auditor’s office by 5 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 24.
In-person absentee voting will be available beginning Oct. 19 at County Auditor’s office, in the Johnson County Administration Building, 913 S. Dubuque St. or at the Health & Human Services Building Parking Ramp (drive-thru voting), 855 S. Dubuque St., in Iowa City weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. as well as Saturday, Nov. 5 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, Nov. 6, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Satellite petitions were filed and the following sites are scheduled:
- Oct. 19 through Oct. 21: Iowa Memorial Union, 125 N. Madison St., Iowa City, Downstairs – near Hawk Shop, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 23, Purpose Place (formerly Dream City and Kingdom Center), 611 Southgate Ave., Iowa City, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 25, Tiffin City Hall, 300 Railroad St, Tiffin, 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 30: Iowa City Public Library, 123 S. Linn St., Iowa City, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Oct. 31 through Nov. 2: Iowa City Public Library, 123 S. Linn St., Iowa City, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 3: Iowa City Public Library, 123 S. Linn St., Iowa City, 12 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 5: Coralville Public Library, 1401 5th St., Coralville, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 5: North Liberty Library, 520 W. Cherry St., North Liberty, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 6: Coralville Public Library, 1401 5th St., Coralville, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 6: North Liberty Library, 520 W. Cherry St., North Liberty, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Voting on Election Day
Registering to Vote
A voter will need to register whenever they move, change their name or change their political affiliation. Voters can register to vote as soon as they receive mail at their home, as long as they’re a US Citizen, an Iowa resident and at least 17 ½ years old (they must be 18 on election day to cast a ballot). Registration is available online, by mail or in person; learn the requirements and download forms on the Johnson County Auditor’s website. Registration is available in person on election day at your regular polling place.