Learn to Ice Fish on Liberty Centre Pond on Feb. 4
Ice fishing is a great way to get outside in winter, and North Liberty invites the public to fish in its stocked ponds year-round. Learn how to take advantage of this fun wintertime sport with this free event from Take a Kid Outdoors, North Liberty Recreation Department and Johnson County Conservation on Saturday, Feb. 4, 2023. Here’s all you need to know:
The five Ws
- Who: You! Free and no reservation needed. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- What: A day of ice fishing on a local pond.
- Where: Liberty Centre Pond, 820 W Cherry St, North Liberty.
- When: Saturday, Feb. 4, 2023, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Why: Get outside and enjoy fishing right here in town during the winter.
What to bring
- Warm clothing.
- Your fishing pole if you have it, or an ID to check one out.
- A fishing license, if you’re 16 or older and planning to fish.
- Your dog, if you’d like. They are welcome as long as they are on a leash and you clean up after them.
Who will be there
- City of North Liberty with soup and hot cocoa for lunch, as supplies last.
- Johnson County Conservation to provide ice fishing instruction as well as poles and bait
How to get there, where to park and other details
- Liberty Center Pond is located between Penn and Cherry streets at 820 W Cherry St.
- Parking is available along residential side streets or at the Community Center, 520 W. Cherry St.
- Skip the car and walk or bike to the event!
- Public restrooms are available at the Community Center.
Stay in the loop
- This event is weather dependent. Any cancellations or delays will be posted in the Facebook event.
- Share your photos with us by tagging the City of North Liberty on Facebook or Instagram.
- Stay connected with the city by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for this event for individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to participate, please contact Micah Ariel James at [email protected]hlibertyiowa.org or (319) 626-5755 at least two days prior to the event.
This free fishing event is just one of more than 40 free events on North Liberty’s City Slate. A partnership between city departments and supported by Centro, Inc, The Family Dental Center, The Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, Hills Bank, MidWestOne Bank, Shive-Hattery, South Slope Cooperative, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics Urban Acres Real Estate and Veridian Credit Union, the City Slate is a collection our community’s largest special events planned by city staff. Every event on the slate is free to attend, and you can explore the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/cityslate.
Still have questions?
Contact [email protected] or call (319) 626-5726.