Sample Craft Beer, Cider and Kombucha at the March 2 Sip & Stroll
Update Feb. 22: Due to expected high wind gusts and ice conditions, the Feb. 23 Sip & Stroll has been rescheduled for Thursday, March 2.
Taste free samples of beer, cider and kombucha from Iowa producers while admiring the North Liberty Lights display around Liberty Centre Pond.
The five Ws
- Who: Designed for those 21+, but all ages are welcome to attend. No registration.
- What: A free craft beer, cider and kombucha tasting around North Liberty Lights. Limited non-alcoholic options will also be available.
- Where: Liberty Centre Pond, 820 W Cherry St.
- When: Thursday, March 2. Samples will be poured from 6 to 8 p.m., while supplies last.
- Why: A fun excuse to get outside this winter!
What to expect
Upon arrival to Liberty Centre Pond, attendees should first stop at the gazebo at the pond’s southeast corner near Cherry Street to receive a commemorative Sip & Stroll tasting cup. While the event is free, everyone wishing to participate in the tasting must present an ID to receive an event cup. Those under 21 years of age will receive a different cup to enjoy the non-alcoholic offerings around the pond. This event is limited to 500 participants. Tasting cups will be distributed as supplies last and will be handed out beginning at 6 p.m.
Who will be there
Representatives from nine Iowa producers will be around the pond with sample pours of craft beer, wine and kombucha:
- Backpocket Brewing
- Big Grove Brewery ★
- Front Street Brewery
- Kalona Brewing Company
- Millstream Brewing Company ★
- Peace Tree Brewing
- ReUnion Brewery
- Wild Culture Kombucha ★
- Wilson’s Orchard ★
★ non-alcoholic option will also be available.
What to bring
- Your ID to receive the Sip & Stroll tasting cup.
- Your camera. North Liberty Lights offers unique photo opportunities around the pond.
- Warm clothes. This event is outside; please dress appropriately to be able to enjoy the event.
How to get there
Liberty Centre Pond is located at 820 W Cherry Street. Attendees may park at the North Liberty Community Center and use the Ranshaw Way underpass, or park in nearby business lots or on residential streets.
You also might be wondering
- There will be no food service on-site at the Sip & Stroll, but attendees are encouraged to support local restaurants before or after the event.
- A portable toilet will be on-site near the gazebo at the southeast corner of the pond.
- Dogs are welcome as long as they are on a leash and you clean up after them. Keep in mind that there is an animated light display surrounding the pond that may distract your dog.
- The use of tobacco, nicotine, vape and other electronic smoking devices are prohibited in North Liberty parks, trails and public recreation areas.
Map and menu
Click here to view a larger map.
Who to thank
This event is part of the City Slate. The yearlong schedule of events is made possible by Centro, Inc, The Family Dental Center, The Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, Hills Bank, MidWestOne Bank, Shive-Hattery, South Slope Cooperative, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Urban Acres Real Estate and Veridian Credit Union.
Stay in the loop
- Any cancellations or delays will be posted in the Facebook event.
- Share your photos with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Stay connected with the City by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation at our events for individuals with disabilities. For accommodations, please reach out to [email protected] or call (319) 626-5755.
More City Slate Fun
This event is part of the City Slate, a compilation of North Liberty’s largest and free city-produced events, with more than 40 events planned in 2023. Explore the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/cityslate.