Storytime at the Pool is Back this Summer
Join the library and lifeguards for a three free summer story times by the outdoor pool.
The five Ws
- Who: Geared towards children ages 5 and under and their caregivers.
- What: Hear a story on the pool deck and then stay and swim. Caregivers must be in the pool.
- Where: Outdoor pool
- When: June 16, July 28 and Aug. 11 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Why: Earn points for the Summer Reading Program!
What to expect
Several books will be read twice at each event: once at 9:30 a.m. and again at 10:30 a.m. Drop in to the event at any time between 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. to swim and hear the stories.
What to bring
Swimsuits, towels, life jackets and anything else your swimmer may need to feel comfortable. Only coastguard-approved life jackets are allowed. No other inflatable toys, please.
Food and drink
Concessions will not be open during this special event, but attendees are welcome to bring along their own light snacks and water.
How to get there
The outdoor pool is located at 520 W Cherry St. Enter the pool deck from the outside gate.
You also might be wondering
- This event is free. No daily fee or membership is required to swim during this designated time.
- Lifeguards will be on duty, but caregivers are expected to also be in the pool.
- The use of tobacco, nicotine, vape and other electronic smoking devices are prohibited in North Liberty parks, trails and public recreation areas.
- Since this event is outside, there are no additional COVID mitigations.
Who to thank
This event is part of the City Slate. The yearlong schedule of events is made possible by Centre, Inc, The Family Dental Center, The Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, Hills Bank, MidWestOne Bank, Shive-Hattery, South Slope Cooperative, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Urban Acres Real Estate and Veridian Credit Union.
Stay in the loop
- In the event of inclement weather, Swimming Storytime will be canceled. Updates will be posted in the Facebook event.
- Share your photos with us on Facebook or Instagram
- Stay connected with the City by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation at our events for individuals with disabilities. For accommodations, please reach out to [email protected] or call (319) 626-5755.
More City Slate Fun
This event is part of the City Slate, a compilation of North Liberty’s largest and free city-produced events, with more than 40 events planned in 2023. Explore the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/cityslate.