Sidewalk Repair Permit Checklist & Information
Application review and approval requires the following:
Fully completed Permit Application (complete and submit online [preferred], mail in, or
drop off at City Hall, 3 Quail Creek Circle in North Liberty)
Pay Fee (available through the online application process or drop off at City Hall)
Site Map to scale, which includes the following information and is uploaded or submitted with application:
- Property’s Street Address
- North Arrow
- Linear feet length & width of proposed sidewalk repair or replacement
- Right-of-Ways or Easements marked
- Location and dimensions of the proposed sidewalk repair or replacement
- Identification of sidewalk material and thickness
Permits are approved with these conditions understood:
- Design, Construction, and Installation of sidewalks shall comply with all elements of Section 136 of the North Liberty Code of Ordinances and Statewide Urban Design and Specifications (SUDAS).
- Installation of required safety barricades shall be provided in accordance with the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
- The North Liberty Sidewalk Repair Guide is available for reference
- Permit must be approved and issued before construction may begin.
- Call for utility locates before installation/construction begins.
- In Residential Zones driveways must be setback 3’ from Side Lot Lines
Online Application Portal:
Complete your application & detailed project proposal, upload them through the online application portal.
- Enter the project address in the “Property Information” field and pick from the drop down
- Type “concrete” in Contractor field and choose from drop down list (if you are using a contractor).
- Scroll down to Upload your application & project plans, and Submit.
North Liberty Code regarding Driveways:
North Liberty Code of Ordinances Chapter 169.01 – Off-Street Parking