Sign Permit Checklist & Information
Application review and approval requires the following:
Fully completed Permit Application (complete and submit online [preferred], mail in, or drop off at City Hall, 3 Quail Creek Circle in North Liberty)
Pay Fee (available through the online application process or drop off at City Hall)
Site Map uploaded which includes:
- Property’s Street Address
- Sign Location
- To Scale Depiction of Location of the sign(s) on the building or lot
- Clearance from the ground (including type of surface is below, i.e. grass, sidewalk, driveway, fire lane)
- Exact Wording on the sign with entire sign design depicted in color
- Letter height of all words
- Length of each print line
- Overall Dimensions of the sign
- Total length of the building or tenant space to which sign pertains
- Total dimensions of any existing signs on the building or property
- Complete Design specifications regarding materials, electrical, mounting specs. (if applicable), and construction specifications for Wall, Ground, Pole, and Monument signs
Permits are approved with these conditions understood:
- Design, Construction, and Installation shall comply with all elements of Section 173 of the North Liberty Code of Ordinances.
- Call for utility locates before installation begins.
- Maintain required 25-ft. triangle of Corner Visual Clearance in yard corner areas near street intersections.
Online Application Portal:
Complete your application & detailed project proposal, upload them through the online application portal
- Enter the project address in the “Property Information” field and pick from the drop down addresses.
- Type “sign” in Contractor field and choose from drop down list (if you are using a contractor).
- Scroll down to Upload your application & project plans, and Submit.