Zoning Compliance Certificate Checklist & Information
Application review and approval requires the following:
Fully completed Permit Application (complete and submit online [preferred], mail in, or drop off at City Hall, 3 Quail Creek Circle in North Liberty)
Pay Fee (available through the online application process or drop off at City Hall)
Site plan to scale, which includes the following information and is uploaded or submitted with application:
- Property’s Street Address
- North Arrow
- Site plan to scale with building or unit size indicated with sq. ft. and dimensions
- Square footage dedicated to each use of space for divided areas
- Depiction of divided areas, dimensions, doors with opening direction, and floor plan showing placement of floor display units and/or shelving
Inspection points included for new occupation of building:
- Parking areas and sidewalks depicted or reference to City-approved parking plan
- Landscaping depicted or reference to City-approved landscaping plan
- Refuse enclosure as referenced in City-approved site plan
Certificates are approved with these conditions understood:
- Design, Construction, and usage of spaces shall comply with all elements of Sections 168, 169, 170, and 173 of the North Liberty Code of Ordinances.
- Permit should be approved and issued before occupation and use of space commences.
Online Application Portal:
Complete your application & detailed project proposal, upload them through the online application portal.
- Enter the project address in the “Property Information” field and pick from the drop down addresses.
- Choose “Zoning Certificate” for permit type
- Scroll down to Upload your application & project plans, and Submit.
North Liberty Code regarding Zoning Ordinances:
Chapter 168 – Zoning District Regulations
Chapter 169 – Development Regulations
Chapter 170 – Special Use Regulations
Chapter 171 – Non-Conforming, Conditional, and Temporary Uses