Zoning Temporary Use Permit Checklist & Information
Zoning temporary uses are those events or uses that are generally more than five but not more than 90 days in duration and occur not more than once per year. The general regulations found in the North Liberty Zoning Ordinance Chapter 171 are included at the end of this document.
Application review and approval requires the following:
Fully completed Permit Application (complete and submit online [preferred], mail in, or drop off at City Hall, 3 Quail Creek Circle in North Liberty)
Pay Fee (available through the online application process or drop off at City Hall)
Site Plan which includes the following information; uploaded or submitted with application:
- Property’s Street Address
- North Arrow
- Site plan with buildings indicated with sq. ft. and dimensions
- Locations of Temporary Use activities
- Square footage dedicated to each Temporary Use
Certificates are approved with these conditions understood:
- Temporary Usage shall comply with all elements of Chapter 171 of the North Liberty Code of Ordinances.
- Permit should be approved and issued before occupation and use of space commences.
- Questions may be directed to the Planning Dept. By phone at (319) 626-5728 or (319) 626-5747.
Online Application Portal:
Complete your application & detailed project proposal, upload them through the online application portal.
- Enter the project address in the “Property Information” field and pick from the drop down addresses.
- Don’t worry about putting anything in the Contractor field
- Choose “Zoning Temporary Use” for Permit Type
- Scroll down to Upload your application & site/usage plan, and Submit.
Following submission and initial review you will receive an email including a link by which to pay the permit fee online and feedback on any missing information. You may also print out and complete a hard copy of the application and drop it off with payment at
North Liberty City Hall 3 Quail Creek Circle North Liberty, IA 52317