Samuel and Emma A. Ranshaw House
When the Samuel and Emma A. Ranshaw House was built in 1908, it was a local showplace featuring custom woodwork, ornamental glass, hot and cold plumbing and gas lighting. The Ranshaws were successful farmers in what was once a small farming town, and their home, designed and built by local architect and contractor BA Wickham, is situated at 515 Community Drive and on the National Register of Historic Places.
The home now serves as a gathering place for organizations serving residents in North Liberty’s growing community.
The house, restored in 2021, features gathering space and bathrooms on the first floor and four office spaces up a grand stair case on the second story. The city is in the process of fully furnishing the building. High-speed internet, courtesy of South Slope Cooperative Communications, is available throughout the house.
The building serves and the home for Summer Lunch & Fun, the Ranshaw House Concert Series and other programming.See All Public Events
The home is available to non-profit social service agencies to serve North Liberty clients and offer small programs, with priority given to Johnson County-based 501(c)(3) organizations who have received North Liberty grant funding, as space allows. Contact Outreach & Equity Coordinator Micah Ariel James to discuss opportunities.Contact Micah
The City of North Liberty is pleased to offer the use of the historic Ranshaw House to various social services and not-for-profit organizations in service of area residents, and requires agencies occupying space in the Ranshaw House to complete a waiver of liability and indemnification agreement.Download the Agreement