Board of Adjustment on April 17, 2019
City Council Chambers, 1 Quail Creek Circle
- Roll Call: Reed; Ruttum; Erenberger; Murphy; Strickland
- Public Comment on any topic not on the agenda
- VARIANCE REQUEST: Application from Brad Klaes for a variance to the residential side yard setback requirement from 5 feet (required) to 7 inches (requested) to allow construction of a house addition at 215 N Front Street. Legal: North Liberty Original Town, E 120’ Lot 2 Block 3
- Staff Presentation
- Applicants Presentation
- Public Hearing & Public Comments
- Board Discussion
- Formal Action
- Minutes of Previous Meeting (September 2018)
- Old Business
- New Business
Roll Call: The meeting was called to order by Vice-Chairperson Ruttum at 6:30 p.m. Members present were: Ruttum, Erenberger, Murphy, Strickland. Absent: Reed.
Others present: Applicant Brad Klaes.
Public comment on items not on the agenda: None.
VARIANCE REQUEST: Application from Brad Klaes for a variance to the residential side yard setback requirement from 5’ (required) to 7” (requested) to allow construction of a house addition at 215 N Front Street. Legal: North Liberty Original Town, E 120’ Lot 2 Block 3
Staff reported on the case details. The petitioner was in attendance. Board members discussed the request at length, and considered it with respect to the criteria laid out in the Zoning Ordinance for variances. Members agreed that the request did not meet the criteria for granting a variance, but was more related to a convenience, to be able to build what the petitioner wanted when there appeared to be other options available. Ruttum moved to table the request, in case the applicant could identify a plan that better meets the requirements of the Zoning Ordinance. Murphy seconded the motion, which was approved unanimously by roll call vote of all members present (Ruttum, Erenberger, Murphy, Strickland)
Minutes from Previous Meeting. Erenberger moved to approve the minutes of the September 2018 meeting as presented. Strickland seconded the motion, which passed unanimously.
Old Business: None.
New Business: None.
Adjournment: The Chair declared the meeting adjourned at 7:20 PM.
Dean Wheatley, Planning Director