Parks and Recreation Commission March 2, 2017
- Approve minutes from meeting (s) of: Minutes from February 5 meeting.
- Public Comments/Concerns: Open to public for comments and concerns; 5 minutes per person time limit.
- Building & Grounds Report: Parks Monthly Report
- Youth Baseball / Softball: NLYBS and Babe Ruth are parent-run organizations. Liberty HS 9th Grade field requests
- Upcoming Events: Optimist Pancake Breakfast March 4, Next Swim Lesson Session: Week of March 20; Spring Shed & Scavenger Hunt March 25; Easter Egg Hunt April 8
- Any new issues not on the agenda?
- Aquatic Feasibility Study: Aquatic Master Plan/report distributed. Joint Meeting to be announced soon.
- Recreation Monthly Report: Report included in packet summarizing the past month.
- Any old business not on agenda?
- Next Meeting Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 7:00 PM Location: City Council Chambers at 1 Quail Creek Circle
1. Approve minutes: Minutes from February 5 meeting approved.
2. Public Comments/Concerns: Beau Brown present to comment on Fox Run Park – limited structures, and broken equipment currently, and interested in upgrades. Current plan puts this park at priority 4. It is the only park with activities in the area, asking to advance plans to upgrade. Shelly will speak with Guy, have him respond to questions and concerns.
3. Building and Grounds Report: Guy unable to attend meeting, his report reviewed.
4. Youth Baseball/softball: NLYBS and Babe Ruth are parent run organizations that use the fields. Liberty HS has submitted requests for 9th grade field use for baseball and softabll. Able to work out plan for baseball to use Babe Ruth field and softball to use American Legion field some nights.
5. Upcoming events:
Optimist Pancake breakfast March 4
Next swim session Week of March 20
Spring Shed & Scavenger Hunt March 25
Easter Egg Hunt April 8
6. New Issues: Kites for Kids event is also taking place in North Liberty April 8, from 12-2, to try to advertise in conjunction with Easter Egg Hunt. Member of public has asked to look at increased lap swim availability. Will have them contact Ashley or Shelly with more specifics.
1. Aquatic Feasibility Study: Still waiting to hear about joint meeting with City Council to discuss further.
2. Recreation Monthly Report: Busy with programming, April 3&4 is signup date for summer programs.
1. Next Meeting Thursday April 6, 2016 at 7:00PM
Location: City Council Chambers at 1 Quail Creek Circle
2. Adjourned at 7:25 pm
Minutes submitted by Jami Maxson