Parks and Recreation Commission September 1, 2016
- Approve minutes from meeting (s) of: Minutes from August 4 meeting.
- Public Comments/Concerns: Open to public for comments and concerns; 5 minutes per person time limit.
- Building & Grounds Report: Parks Monthly Report
- Fall Programs / Season: Registration continues for September-December programs; Busy season upon us with BASP, JH Sports, Leagues, etc.
- Upcoming Events: Doggie Plunge/Swim Sept 8 & 9 from 3:00-8:00pm
- Any new issues not on the agenda?
- Quick Updates: Little Free Libraries; Use of Green Space
- Recreation Monthly Report: Report included in packet summarizing the past month.
- Any old business not on agenda?
- Next Meeting Thursday, October 6 at 7:00 PM Location: City Council Chambers at 1 Quail Creek Circle
1. Approve minutes: Minutes from August 4 meeting approved.
2. Building and Grounds Report: Much time with mowing, trimming, maintaining ballfields and ponds. Splash Pad seems to be
doing well, may expand area after season over. Another rainout for Beaver Kreek playground installation – new date week of
Sept 12. Erecting shelter at Penn Meadows. Centennial Park undergoing grading. TO install parking lot and walking trail
around perimeter. Concern re seeding being ready for Blues & BBQ this year.
3. Fall Programs: Registration continues, will be busy season with BASP, JH sports practice, leagues, etc
4. Upcoming Events: Doggie Plunge/Swim Sept 8&9 3-8pm
1. Quick Update: Use of green space – no reservations yet, but limited use of fields aat same time.
2. Recreation Monthly Report: Slower in August, will change next week with fall programs.
3. Additional Old Business: Gym floors redone. Draft copies of pool needs reviewed with City Hall. Looking at resurfacing
1. Next Meeting Thursday October 6, 2016 at 7:00PM
Location: City Council Chambers at 1 Quail Creek Circle
2. Adjourned at 7:20 pm