Parks and Recreation Commission on June 6, 2019
- Approve minutes: Approve May 2 meeting minutes.
- Public Comments/Concerns: Guest introduction and concern.
- Board Member Applications: Matt, Troy, Jami – have not submitted applications. Mayor to appoint board members – June 11. New members will start at July meeting.
- Building & Grounds Report: Parks Monthly Report
- Summer Preparations: Summer Programs in progress; Outdoor Pool: Opened May 31; 5-9pm
- RecDesk Software: Public asked to set up new accounts online. We also have computer stations set up in the main lobby; to ease process. Full transition to Recdesk targeted for July 1
- Upcoming Events: Free Fishing Weekend, June 8; Outdoor Yoga, Sat. mornings; June 8, 22; Swim Lessons – First session, June 10; Placemates, June 20; Starry Eyed Yoga, Thurs. nights, June 20; Great American Backyard Campout, June 22; POUND the Pool Deck, Sat. morning June 29; CR Kernels Game, June 29;
- Any new issues not on agenda?
- Recreation Monthly Report: Recreation Review from previous month.
- Any old issues not on agenda?
- Next Meeting: Next month meeting falls on July 4th; alternate date; 7:00pm at City Council Chambers; 1 Quail Creek Circle
Board Members Present: Matthew Eckhardt, Jami Maxson, Amalia Gedney-Lose, Jerry Schimmel
Others Present: Shelly Simpson, Guy Goldsmith, Tim Hamer
Meeting called to order: 7:02 pm
1. Approve minutes: Minutes from May 2 meeting approved.
2. Board Member Terms: Terms for Matt, Troy and Jami ending June 30. Mayor to appoint new board members June 11,
to start at next meeting.
3. Building and Grounds Report: Repairs done at Ranshaw House. Much time spent mowing and trimming and on
ballfield maintenance. Thanks to students at Heritage Christian School for their service work. Bids going out for fencing
and concrete work at dog park.
4. Summer Programs: Programs in progress. Outdoor pool opened May 31.
5. Rec Desk Software: Public asked to set up new accounts online, transition to RecDesk July 1. Comuter stations in
main lobby to ease process.
6. Upcoming Events: Free Fishing Weekend June 8
Outdoor Yoga June 8 &22
Swim lessons first session June 10
Placemates June 20
Starry Eyed Yoga June 20
Great American Backyard Campout June 22
POUND the Pool Deck June 29
CR Kernals game June 29
7. New Issues not on agenda: Centennial Park – tot lot as next phase, Guy is gathering info on options, will bring to
1. Recreation Monthly Report: May start of summer programing and preparing for programs starting after school is out
1. Next Meeting Would be July 4, multiple conflicts, may need to wait until August, Shelly will update.
2. Adjourned at 7:23 pm
Minutes submitted by Jami Maxson