Parks and Recreation Meeting on May 2, 2019
- Approve minutes: Approve April 4 meeting minutes.
- Public Comments/Concerns: Guest introduction and concern.
- Board Member Terms: (3) board member terms concluding June 30, 2019; Matt, Troy & Jami; Accepting applications, new and renewals by May 23.
- Building & Grounds Report: Parks Monthly Report
- Summer Preparations: Summer Camp, Knight Riders update, Outdoor Pool – Play Feature Installation, Community Gardens, Field Rentals
- RecDesk Software: Staff has begun work in switching to new operations software. Public will be asked in near future to set up new accounts online. Full transition to Recdesk targeted for July 1
- Memorial Day Weekend Hours: May 25-27: Rec Center/Indoor Pool: 8am-6pm; Outdoor Pool: 12(noon)-6pm depending on weather, equipment installation and water chemistry.
- Upcoming Events: Summer Programs: Most begin this week. Bike2SchoolsCool (May 8, please register for count, thanks), Bike Rodeo/Slow Roll (May 18), Indoor Disc Golf Challenge (May 18), Summer Free Lunch & Fun (June 3), Summer Camp/Knight Riders (June 3), Youth Tennis Lessons (June 4), Jr High Disc Golf (June 6), Free Fishing Weekend (June 8), Swim Lessons – First session (June 10)
- Any new issues not on agenda?
- Recreation Monthly Report: Recreation Review from previous month.
- Any old issues not on agenda?
- Next Meeting: Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 7:00 PM; Location: City Council Chambers at 1 Quail Creek Circle
- Approve minutes: Minutes from April 4 meeting approved.
- Board Member Terms: Terms for Matt and Troy ending June 30, Jami resigning effective June 30. Submit renewals or applications by May 23.
- Building and Grounds Report: Installed security camera at fire station. Did landscape work, field maintenance, improvements to Babe Ruth Field, maintained soccer fields, tilled garden plots, graded and seeded along trail at Penn Meadows. Graded at dog park, hoping for summer 2020 opening. Will do start up at splash pad, if no need for repairs hope to open Memorial Day weekend.
- Summer Preparations: Getting ready for summer camp, Knight Riders. Installation of new play feature at outdoor pool. Many field rentals, Garden plots have 32/40 rented.
- Rec Desk Software: Staff has begun switching to new operations software, public will be asked to set up new accounts. Target date of July 1 for full transition.
- Memorial Day weekend hours: Rec Center/Indoor Pool open 8am-6pm
Outdoor Pool – noon-6pm, dependent on weather, equipment installation and water chemistry.
- Upcoming Events: Bike2SchoolsCool (please register) May 8
Bike Rodeo/Sow Roll May 18
Indoor DIsc Golf Challenge May 18
Summer Free Lunch & Fun June 3
Summer Camp/Knight Riders June 3
Youth tennis lesson June 4
Jr High Disc Golf June 6
Free Fishing Weekend June 8
Swim lessons first session June 10
- Recreation Monthly Report: April busy, esp with registrations for summer programs. Another successful Easter Egg Hunt..
- Next Meeting Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 7:00PM
Location: City Council Chambers at 1 Quail Creek Circle
- Adjourned at 7:17 pm
Minutes submitted by Jami Maxson