The City of North Liberty Street and Line Maintenance Department has many varied responsibilities that range from street repair, water and sewer main repair, snow removal, and leaf pickup.
The Street and Line Maintenance Department’s main responsibility is street maintenance. The City has more than 80 miles of streets to maintain, however, the mileage increases every year with North Liberty’s growth.
Street and Line Maintenance Department’s Major Responsibilities
- General street repairs including crack sealing & pot hole patching, and asphalt and concrete replacement
- Snow removal from the City’s streets
- Leaf cleanup. Performed twice a year in the fall and spring
- Clean the streets using the street sweeper
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of all City street signs
- Maintain storm water lines including storm water intakes. Also maintain ditches in the right-of-way
- Repair and maintain waste water mains
- Repair and maintain water mains
- Mow the City’s right-of-way
- Animal control
- Organize and manage annual Spring Cleanup Day