Transportation Assistance Program
For $1 per ride, qualified North Liberty residents can call a taxi to pick up groceries, get to the bank, visit a doctor, connect to a bus or certain other essential quality-of-life trips scheduled Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. or Saturday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Residents can be eligible for this program because they don’t have access to vehicle, face financial difficulty, or are permanently or temporarily disabled.Learn More
ADA Paratransit Service
North Liberty offers ADA Paratransit to eligible residents through Coralville Transit and Johnson County SEATS. Information, and the application, is available through the City of Coralville.Learn More
Bus Service to Coralville and Iowa City
Single ride fare:
- Adult $1.00
- Youth (age 5-18) $0.50
- Children under 5 are free
- Seniors (65+) are free (must present current Senior C-PASS card or Medicare card when boarding)
- Disabled persons are free (must present current Disabled C-PASS card when boarding)
Driver does not make change, please pay exact fare. Free transfers are available to Iowa City Transit; please ask for a transfer slip from the bus driver when boarding the bus. Coralville Transit and Iowa City Transit honor each other’s passes.
C-PASS cards can be obtained at North Liberty City Hall during office hours; please bring current photo ID and proof of residency to be issued a pass, disabled individuals will receive a form for their physician to complete.
Other pass options:
- A 24-Hour Pass can be purchased on a Coralville Transit Bus for $2.00.
- A 31-Day Bus pass can be purchased from Coralville Transit (adult $32; youth $16) at Coralville City Hall (1512 7th St, Coralville), Crosspark Road Hy-Vee, and other locations listed on the Coralville Transit website.
- University of Iowa students, faculty, and staff may be eligible for a special rate; visit U-Pass website or call the University of Iowa Parking Office at (319) 335-1475.
The North Liberty bus operates Monday through Friday, year-round, except for the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
Free public parking is available at the North Liberty Community Center. Transit users are asked to use the northernmost and westernmost rows of parking stalls at the Community Center.
Questions regarding this service can be addressed to Coralville Transit at (319) 248-1790.
North Liberty Transit Hotline (319) 626-5918 or [email protected]
Johnson County Social Services Mobility Coordinator (319) 688-5841 or www.johnsoncountyiowa.gov/mobility