City Council on March 10, 2020
City Council Chambers
1 Quail Creek Circle, North Liberty, Iowa
- Call to order
- Roll call
- Approval of the Agenda
- Consent Agenda
- City Council Minutes, Regular Session, February 25, 2020
- City Council Minutes, Special Session, March 4, 2020
- Liquor License Renewal, Quail Creek Golf Course
- Well 5 RE-Casing Project – Change Order Number 3, The Northway Company; $41,060.00
- Public Comment
- City Engineer Report
- Mayor Report
- Census Day Proclamation
- Access Center
- Discussion regarding Access Center 28E Agreement
- Grow: Johnson County
- Presentation from Jake Kundert regarding Grow: Johnson County
- Southwest Growth Area Utility Improvement Project
- Resolution Number 2020-25, A Resolution accepting the bid and authorizing execution of the contract for the Southwest Growth Area Utility Improvements Project, North Liberty, Iowa
- FY 21 Budget
- Public Hearing regarding the proposed FY 2020-2021 Annual Budget and Capital Improvements Plan
- Resolution Number 2020-26, A Resolution adopting the Annual Budget and Capital Improvement Plan for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2021 for the City of North Liberty, Iowa
- Tobacco Violation
- Resolution Number 2020-27, A Resolution accepting use of Section 453A.22(3) Affirmative Defense to Tobacco Civil Penalty by JMAC Enterprises, Inc.
- Old Business
- New Business
Call to order
Mayor Terry Donahue called the March 10, 2020 Regular Session of the North Liberty City Council to order at 6:30 p.m. Councilors present: RaQuishia Harrington, Chris Hoffman, Brent Smith, Brian Wayson and Annie Pollock.
Others present: Grant Lientz, Tracey Mulcahey, Ryan Rusnak, Kevin Trom, Stacey House Joel Miller and other interested parties.
Approval of the Agenda
Pollock moved, Harrington seconded to approve the agenda. The vote was all ayes. Agenda approved.
Consent Agenda Approval
Wayson moved, Smith seconded to approve the Consent agenda including, City Council Minutes, Regular Session, February 25, 2020; City Council Minutes, Special Session, March 4, 2020. Claims. Liquor License Renewal, Quail Creek Golf Course. Well 5 RE-Casing Project – Change Order Number 3, the Northway Company; $41,060.00. The vote was all ayes. Consent Agenda approved.
No public comment was offered.
City Engineer Report
City Engineer Keven Trom reported that on the Southwest gross utilities. Saint Andrews drive project update. The Aquatic center replacement update. He reported that the survey work has started on Ranshaw Way Phase five. He also stated they just starting to meet with property owners for Dubuque Street Phase one.
Mayor Terry Donahue declared Census Day as April 1, 2020.
Susan D. Nehring the assistant Johnson County Attorney discussed the Access Center 28E Agreement
Grow: Johnson County
Presentation from Jake Kundert regarding Grow: Johnson County
Southwest Growth Area Utility Improvement Project
Pollock moved, Wayson seconded to approve the Utility Improvement Project. The vote was all ayes. Agenda approved.
FY 21 Budget
At 7:30 pm, Mayor Donahue opened the Public Hearing regarding the proposed FY 2020-2021 Annual Budget and Capital Improvements Plan. No oral or written comments were received. The public hearing was closed.
Smith moved, Harrington seconded to approve Resolution Number 2020-26. The vote was all ayes-Smith, Hoffman, Harrington, Wayson, Pollock, nays-none. Motion carried.
Smith Moved, Hoffman seconded to approve Resolution number 2020-27. A resolution accepting use of Section 453A.22 (3). Affirmative Defense to Tobaccos Civil Penalty by JMAC Enterprises, Inc. The vote was ayes –Smith, Hoffman, Harrington, Wayson, Pollock, nays-none. Motion carried.
No old business was presented.
Councilor Wayson reported information about the Corona virus. Councilor Pollock reminded that the annual project open house is 4:30 on the 30th at the REC center. Suggested to remember to support our local businesses. Smith reminding that registration is open for NLCBS.
Mayor Donahue adjourned the meeting at 7:34 p.m.