Parks and Recreation Commission on June 2, 2016
North Liberty Parks & Recreation Committee Meeting
Thursday, June 2, 2016
Proposal of Agenda
REGULAR MEETING: 7:00 PM
1. Approve minutes from meeting(s) of: Minutes from May 5 meeting.
2. Public Comments/Concerns: Open to public for comments and concerns; 5 minutes per person.
3. Board Appointments: Four applicants for (2) spots: Jeff Farland, Troy Carter, Keisha Fields, Derrick Parker.
Mayor to make decision with appointments made at City Council June 14 Mtg.
4. Building and Grounds Report: Parks Monthly Report
5. Outdoor Pool – Opening Weekend Summary of opening Memorial Day weekend.
6. Green Space Usage: Discussion on use of open space in parks as demand increases. First come, first serve use versus making reservations, charge versus no charge
7. Upcoming Events:
Free Swimming Lessons June 3
Free Fishing Weekend June 4
Summer Camp June 6
Summer Lunch June 6
Summer Swim Lessons – first session June 6
Kayak/Canoe Trip – Iowa River July 25
8. Any new issues not on the agenda?
1. Recreation Monthly Report: Report included in packet summarizing the past month.
2. Any old business not on agenda?
1. Next Meeting: Thursday, July 7 at 7:00 PM
Location: City Council Chambers at 1 Quail Creek Circle