Parks and Recreation Commission on January 6, 2022
7:00 p.m., City Council Chambers, 1 Quail Creek Circle, North Liberty, Iowa
This meeting may be accessed live by the public in person or on the internet at northlibertyiowa.org/live, on Facebook at facebook.com/northliberty or on YouTube at youtube.com/c/northliberty. Meetings are rebroadcast on cable and available on-demand on northlibertyiowa.org.
- Call to Order
- Approval of Minutes
- December 2, 2021
- Tobacco/nicotine-free Parks Ordinance Proposal
- Presentation by Susan Vileta, JCPH Health Educator & Cub Scouts
- Parks Report
- Recreation/Pool Report
- Questions, Concerns, Updates
- New Business
- Board Opening – Marcia Z submitted her board resignation.
- Community Plan
- North Liberty is launching Connected to Tomorrow, a year-long effort to gather public input and build a vision for the city in 2040. Ways to get involved, details and updates about Connected to Tomorrow planning are available at the project website at northlibertyiowa.org/connectedtotomorrow. Members of the public can take a survey about their priorities for North Liberty at the project website or at the Community Center, 520 W Cherry St., and City Hall, 3 Quail Creek Circle. The survey will remain open through February. The first in-person opportunity for participation will come on Jan. 19, 2022, when city planners and staff of RDG, the Des Moines-based consultant on the project, will host a facilitated exercise about big ideas from 6 to 7 p.m. at the North Liberty Library, 520 W. Cherry St.
- Old Business
- Commission purpose/mission discussion
- Next Meeting
- Thursday, February 3, 2022 at 7:00pm.