Community Hall of Fame Award
Philanthropist and founder of Heartland Express
Gave selflessly of her time, particularly to those in need, helping to found the North Liberty Community Pantry
Mayor who took office during a time of turmoil and led North Liberty forward with vision, consensus and selflessness
Volunteer firefighter with 25 years of service, requiring dedication and sacrifice
Sharing a passion for bicycling by repairing, refurbishing and providing more than 400 bicycles to those in need
The City of North Liberty developed a Community Hall of Fame Award for the purpose of recognizing individuals who have provided extraordinary public service and dedication to the city and its citizens. Persons who are eligible must live, work or provide services directly to North Liberty citizens.
- Selection will be based on service rendered to the community. This includes services based on material contributions as well as personal public service contributions.
- Special consideration will be given to those persons who have demonstrated a high level of volunteer leadership.
- Services provided by participation in volunteer organizations and local groups are also important.
- Longevity in public service is important but not totally compelling in determining the receipt of this award.
- Community impact is the final criteria in determining the worthiness of a person receiving this award.
- A person must have demonstrated a high degree of personal commitment and personal sacrifice to the community.