Catch a Free Screening of Spider-Man: No Way Home on Aug. 19
Join the North Liberty Youth Council for a free screening of Spider-Man: No Way Home!
The five Ws
- Who: This event is especially for teens, but people of all ages are welcome to attend.
- What: A free screening of Spider-Man: No Way Home (PG-13).
- Where: Centennial Park, 1565 St Andrews Dr.
- When: Saturday, August 19, just after sunset (around 8 p.m.), following the Summer Send-Off.
- Why: Wrap up your summer with a free outdoor movie!
What to expect
- That’s so Cheesy, Pizza Ranch, Kona Ice and Travelin’ Toms will be onsite during the Summer Send-Off (from 5 to 8 p.m.) so come early if you’d like to purchase food before the movie. Free snacks will also be provided.
- The movie will start just after sunset, right around 8:00 p.m.
- Bring a lawn chair or a blanket and meet us there!
How to get there
- Centennial Park is located at 1565 St. Andrews Drive
- Please park in the park’s paved lots or around the park’s perimeter drive
- Skip the car and walk, bike or roller blade to the park!
About the film
Peter Parker is now unmasked, his identity as Spider-Man known to the world. In a way, he likes it that his girl MJ knows his true identity, the same with his best friend Ned and Aunt May. However, problems follow this reveal. Peter approaches Doctor Strange to help him resolve the situation by performing a specific time-altering ritual. But that also bears some unintended and problematic consequences.
You also might be wondering
- Yes, portable toilets will be available during this event.
- Yes, dogs are welcome as long as they are on a leash and you clean up after them.
- The use of tobacco, nicotine, vape and other electronic smoking devices are prohibited in North Liberty parks, trails and public recreation areas.
- This event will follow the Summer Send-Off. Say goodbye to summer and fuel up your super powers for the school year with agility courses (inflatables), power training (carnival games), costumes (face painting) and a meeting with superheroes.
Who to thank
This screening is made possible by the North Liberty Youth Council. The Youth Council is composed of local high school students focused on supporting the community through service projects and advocating for other young people in North Liberty. Learn more and apply for the 2023-2024 cohort at northlibertyiowa.org/youthcouncil.
Stay in the loop
Any cancellations or delays will be posted in the Facebook event.
Share your photos with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Stay connected with the City by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation at our events for individuals with disabilities. For accommodations, please reach out to [email protected] or call (319) 626-5755.