Sample Craft Beer, Cider and Kombucha at the February 22 Sip & Stroll
After an incredible turnout last year, the Sip & Stroll returns Thursday, Feb. 22. Taste free samples of beer, wine, cider and kombucha from Iowa producers while admiring the North Liberty Lights display around Liberty Centre Pond.
The five Ws
- Who: Designed for those 21+, but all ages are welcome to attend to see the lights. No registration.
- What: A free craft beer, cider and kombucha tasting around North Liberty Lights.
- Where: Liberty Centre Pond, 820 W Cherry St.
- When: Thursday, February 22. Samples will be poured from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Why: A fun excuse to get outside this winter!
What to expect
Upon arrival to Liberty Centre Pond, attendees must check-in at one of two locations and present an ID to receive a commemorative 2024 Sip & Stroll tasting cup:
- The gazebo at the pond’s southeast corner near Cherry Street
- A pop-up tent at the north point of the pond’s trail, between Tin Roost and Field Day Brewing
While the event is free, cups and samples are limited to 750 participants. Distribution will begin at both starting points at 6 p.m.
Who will be there
Representatives from 12 Iowa producers will be around the pond with sample pours of craft beer, wine and kombucha:
- Ackerman & Fireside Wineries
- Backpocket Brewing
- Big Grove Brewery
- Cedar Ridge Winery
- Field Day Brewing Company
- Front Street Brewery
- Jefferson County Ciderworks
- Kalona Brewing Company
- Millstream Brewing Company
- ReUnion Brewery
- Wild Culture Kombucha
- Wilson’s Orchard
City Slate sponsors Urban Acres Real Estate and Collins Community Credit Union will also be on-site with giveaway items.
What to bring
- Your ID to receive the 2024 Sip & Stroll tasting cup.
- Your camera. North Liberty Lights offers unique photo opportunities around the pond.
- Warm clothes. This event is outside; please dress appropriately to be able to enjoy the event.
How to get there
Liberty Centre Pond is located at 820 W Cherry Street. Attendees may park at the North Liberty Community Center and use the Ranshaw Way underpass, or park in nearby business lots or on residential streets.
You also might be wondering
- There will be no food service on-site at the Sip & Stroll, but attendees are encouraged to support local restaurants before or after the event.
- A portable toilet will be on-site near the gazebo at the southeast corner of the pond.
- Dogs are welcome as long as they are on a leash and you clean up after them, but please keep in mind that this is a crowded event with animated lights.
- The use of tobacco, nicotine, vape and other electronic smoking devices are prohibited in North Liberty parks, trails and public recreation areas.
Map and menu
Who to thank
The Sip & Stroll is part of the City Slate. The yearlong schedule of events is made possible by A2Z Heating & Plumbing, Centro, Inc, Collins Community Credit Union, The Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, Hills Bank, MidWestOne Bank, South Slope Cooperative, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Urban Acres Real Estate and Veridian Credit Union.
The North Liberty Lights display is made possible by A2Z Heating & Plumbing, Adam Schechinger State Farm, Archie’s Brake & Quick Lube, Country Financial – Christa Payne and Peg Fraser, Forever Green Landscaping, Sushiya and the City of North Liberty.
Stay in the loop
- Any cancellations or delays will be posted in the Facebook event.
- Share your photos with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Stay connected with the City by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation at our events for individuals with disabilities. For accommodations, please reach out to [email protected] or call (319) 626-5755.
More City Slate Fun
This event is part of the City Slate, a compilation of North Liberty’s largest and free city-produced events, with more than 30 events planned in 2024. Explore the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/cityslate.