Join the North Liberty Library for an Outdoor Showing of Big Hero 6
On Friday, May 28, the North Liberty Library is kicking off a summer of fun and safe activities with a free outdoor movie showing of Big Hero 6 on the Ranshaw Lawn. Here’s all you need to know:
The five Ws
- Who: You! Free and no reservation needed.
- What: An outdoor movie showing of Big Hero 6. The Coralville Public Library and Solon Public Library are also hosting outdoor showings of Big Hero 6 at the same time. Please attend your local library’s showing.
- Where: Ranshaw House Lawn, 515 W. Penn St., North Liberty
- When: Friday, May 28. Lawn opens at 8 p.m., showtime at 8:45 p.m.
- Why: To safely reconnect as a community at a free, outdoor event and learn about the library’s Summer Reading Program.
More on Big Hero 6
- Rated PG
- 1 hour 42 minute runtime
- A Walt Disney Animated Studios film released in 2014
- Plot: A special bond develops between plus-sized inflatable robot Baymax and prodigy Hiro Hamada, who together team up with a group of friends to form a band of high-tech heroes.
What to bring
- A mask. We can only offer events like this if attendees do their part by wearing a mask properly that it covers both their mouth and nose.
- Lawn chairs and blankets to relax on while enjoying the show.
- Hills Bank will provide complimentary popcorn, but any other food or snacks should be brought from home. Also, a friendly reminder: alcohol is not allowed in city parks.
- Your dog, if you’d like. They are welcome as long as they are on a leash and you clean up after them.
Who will be there
- The North Liberty Library, with information about this summer’s reading program and giveaways.
- Hills Bank with complimentary popcorn.
How to get there and where to park
- The Ranshaw House is the historic big white house at the corner of Penn Street and Community Drive at 515 W Penn St.
- Please park in the Community Center’s north lot.
- Skip the car and walk, bike or roller blade to the show!
Stay in the loop
- This event is weather dependent. In the event of bad weather the showing will be cancelled. Any cancellations or delays will be posted in the Facebook event.
- Share your photos with us by tagging the City of North Liberty and North Liberty Library on Facebook or Instagram.
- Stay connected with the City by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
COVID Event Mitigations
While we are looking forward to a fun summer, public health is our highest priority. The following mitigations and expectations of our attendees are in place.
What we’re doing:
- This event is outdoors. In the event of bad weather, it will be cancelled.
- Masks will be worn by all staff, volunteers and vendors.
- Handwashing will be available in the Community Center bathrooms. Hand sanitizer will also be available.
- No alcohol service will be provided, and food service is limited to complimentary popcorn.
What we expect from you:
- Masks are expected for all attendees over the age of 2.
- Attendees should maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet between households.
- Attendees should stay home if anyone in the household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or has had contact with anyone who has tested positive in the past two weeks.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for this events for individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to participate, please contact [email protected] or call (319) 626-5726 at least two days prior to the event.
Who to thank
This free event is made possible by Veridian Credit Union, South Slope, Shive-Hattery, Hills Bank, GreenState Credit Union, Eastern Iowa Airport – CID and the City of North Liberty.
This Movie on the Lawn is just one of over 35 events and programs on North Liberty’s Summer Slate. A partnership between city departments and supported by Veridian Credit Union, South Slope, Shive-Hattery, Hills Bank, GreenState Credit Union, and Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, the Summer Slate is designed to provide free events that can easily adjust to the changing public health landscape for our community. Explore the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/SummerSlate.
Still have questions?
Contact the library at (319) 626-5701.